Waxing, any feedback on ABC tube system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'd really like to cut down my time when waxing. I currently use a pot and spatula for all waxing services and use Peron Rigot wax (both strip and non-strip)

I recently had my waxing done at a salon where they used the ABC tubes with the disposable applicator heads.....as a client I found it more comfortable than when I have had my legs waxed with a roller, and it was also very quick.

I would really like to hear any feedback from geeks who have tried this system, and what pros and cons you have found using it......is it worth me investing in it?

Thank you, Lou x

Last edited:
ooh what's this? i've never heard of this before! x

Hi Lou,
Haven't used the ABC system although I've seen it and it's very similar to the Hara Kojin system I bought into recently.
The tubes and disposable heads system does cut down your application time I found, and I also found it gave a more smooth and even application. Downsides would be the tubes take alot longer to heat, they are hot to hold, but cool down VERY quickly when out of the heater so you need 2 on the go really. Also made bikini line waxing a bit tricky and you waste time when you come to the end of a tube and have to throw away and get new tube and head ready.
I'm mobile and I loved how much easier it was to transport, but cons outweighed pros for me personally and I've reverted back to my wax pot.
X

Thank you for your feedback.

I will continue to use my hot wax for bikini etc. so it would be really only used for larger areas like legs.....so it's a lot of money to lay out just for legs, which is what's holding me back. Also because I use a really god quality wax at the moment (Peron Rigot) I don't want to compromise on the quality!
But then if I can get a good result with it, it cuts down my time and is comfortable for the client then I don't mind investing in it. (plus I can be a bit messy sometimes).

Does anyone else have any experience with ABC waxes?

ooh what's this? i've never heard of this before! x

it's called the Hy wax system, the wax is in tubes with single use applicator heads. x

Thank you for your feedback.

I will continue to use my hot wax for bikini etc. so it would be really only used for larger areas like legs.....so it's a lot of money to lay out just for legs, which is what's holding me back. Also because I use a really god quality wax at the moment (Peron Rigot) I don't want to compromise on the quality!
But then if I can get a good result with it, it cuts down my time and is comfortable for the client then I don't mind investing in it. (plus I can be a bit messy sometimes).

Does anyone else have any experience with ABC waxes?
Have you considered the PR roller waxes ?
If you like their waxes you may find the rollers faster than pot and spatula on the legs etc. The cartridges fit into their own modular heaters or as I understand they fit some other roller heater systems.. Just an idea

Jack

I have used these, and I found that they were fine enough to use while they were reasonably full, but as the tubes got any furhter then half used getting an even applications was hard begause of the way you were having to squeeze the tubes, and as stated above quite hot to handle, I agree that another option might be the roller system, great for large area's such as legs.
Just my opinion, as I am sure there are therapists that use this system and get on well with it, hth x

Latest posts

Back