Waxing as a service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shazzar

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I want some opinions on waxing systems and I'm not sure where to post the question, so I'll post it here and I'm hoping somebody will tell me if I'm wrong!

I offer nail and tanning service at the moment, but would also like to offer waxing. Who else offers this service and what products do you use? I've seen a couple of beauty catalogues and the PhD kit looks really good as it includes training also. Does anybody else use it and if so, what do you think? Or are there any other systems that can be recommended?

Looking forward to your comments!

Cheers

hi sharon i m about to go mobile offering nail treatments waxing and tanning anyway i offer phd waxing it is the safest way to wax i think its easy to use and less painful also find it alot quicker than pot waxing.

i woud recommend it to you xx
it takes about half hour to heat up and great if your mobile if you want anymore info on it just pm me hth xx

right thats's it ....just make me spend again!!!! i want the PHD!!!!! i have put it off for years and years!!!! It was the system i trained with!!!
I was talking to Dee about it just the other day and i was thinking about the australian bodycare one (cos i had seen it on 'the salon'!!!) and she defo reccomended i go with the phd which i know in my heart of heart she is right....... i have'nt got it but i de recommend u go for that system!!!

I use Ceteum, and i think that the quality of the wax is really excellent.
It has natural ingredients, and has a really fine texture where a little goes a long way. It smells nice, and isn't really sticky. It's also not tested on animals.

I decided on this one originally because i decided that "the proof of the pudding is in the eating", so i went round the Olympia trade fair with a selection of hairy bits, and personally tested as many different waxes as i could!
The Ceteum one genuinely was less painful than the others.

Hiya, thanks for your replies. Diesel, I have the same problem, I want this and I want that and I want them now!!! It all costs money though, doesn't it?!!!

Any other wax system recommendations from anybody?

I find waxing is one of the most popular treatments so I would recommend getting the Phd because it is cleaner and more hygenic. Take advantage of the day's training because it is a little awkward at first getting the hang of it for more awkward areas. I have done it without the training but that is because it was such a long way to go and I had seen someone do legs and underarms with it. From there I was able to do it. There is a video that goes with it. Would recommend that you have a go of the unit before you do the training because it all looks so easy when you see someone else do it. Once you've tried it you'll have more questions that need answering.

Hiya, thanks for that. Would definately use the training. The system looks so simple and efficient and neat. That's what attracted me to it in the first place. Not sure where the training is, are you?

hi you have to travel to ellisons in coventry where they train you i brought my kit from the olympia show they knock the vat off so got it for £99 so maybe its worth waiting for the excel show also they should demonstrate there as well hth xx

emma
what comes with it at £99?

its everything thats in thre ellisons catologue?? but in the cat you pay the vat on top

15 tubes of wax
video
strips
promotion stuff / badge / posters
pre post lotions
1 day training voucher
hth xx

Cheers Emma, I had thought of waiting. There's a professional beauty show on in October, in Manchester, and I did think of waiting until then. However, I am REALLY REALLY impatient and not sure if I cant wait that long!!

yes i know i was the same lol they do deliever it free to your door as well normally the next day xx
have u got the catologue?

Latest posts

Back