Waxing before/after spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I know we are not meant to do it, but my client is desperate as she has a party tomorrow and needs both done tonight, I HAVE warned her she will not get the perfect facial tan, but what I'm wondered is which is worse?
Doing the waxing after the tan and having white brows (which she will cover with foundation anyway)
Or doing the waxing before, and having pools of tan in her pores?

The first option sounds less dangerous, what do you think? xxx

I'd maybe tweeze a few after the tan, but I wouldn't wax at all. X

Could you not pluck the brows rather than wax them if it is a last ditch desperate measure.

If waxing is the only option after is better than before as the oils & lotions won't cause barriers and the pores won't fill with tan solution but it will as you say remove the tan.

I've been in a similar situation before and although i know it's not recommended, i did wax the brows before the tan and the following morning there was no tan in the open pores and all looked fine. I suppose looking back, the hair i removed from the brows wasnt alot and it was fine hair so maybe this is why there was no problem

She hates tweezing as it hurts her! (wimp)
Her brows are like bushes she says, il wax after the tan I think, thanks girls! x

If she's disparate why don't you spray her but leave her face, if she'd going to a party she will probably be wearing makeup xx

Definitely wax before the tan, pores are not that big and usually washes out when she showers.

Doing the tan before will mean she is left with white strips above and below her brows which she wont be able to easily blend with foundation.

Alternatively, thread before.

x

I would wax before and tan after.

If you must then wax first and tan after - try to wait until any redness has gone from the brows and then clean the eyebrows carefully with prewax cleanser to remove any oil etc - let dry and then tan...
Personally I'd tell her to deal with the pain of tweezers as she'd be more likely to get a good result...

I have waxed eyebrows before a tan and it was fine but told them it was their risk xxx

I wouldnt do it personally. I know she wants it doing for a special occasion but she should have been a bit more organised and got it booked in plenty of time so that you could have advised her to do them a few days apart. I wouldnt compromise my working practices because your client hasnt planned ahead enough. I would make her decide between tan and eyebrows, or book them min 24 hours apart

Wax first and tan after and as has already been said ensure the eyebrows are cleansed with the pre wax lotion.

If the brows have also been tinted apply vaseline to the hairs before tanning.

Latest posts

Back