Waxing before brow embroidery/microbladng

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buxom

Reaction score
Hello,

What is the reason waxing is not recommended before doing a Semi-permanent brow treatment? Seems like it would aid in an easier outline for brow placement.

This is just a guess but could it not be due to added skin trauma? I know you wouldn't be waxing the exact place you would be place the brow strokes but waxing can make the surrounding area a little red/sensitive depending on the client, wax etc.

Also maybe if it did get a little swollen, you would be placing brow strokes on altered skin, when the skin returns to normal they could be slightly in the wrong place or crooked. When I had mine done he plucked any necessary hairs.

This is just a guess but could it not be due to added skin trauma? I know you wouldn't be waxing the exact place you would be place the brow strokes but waxing can make the surrounding area a little red/sensitive depending on the client, wax etc.

Also maybe if it did get a little swollen, you would be placing brow strokes on altered skin, when the skin returns to normal they could be slightly in the wrong place or crooked. When I had mine done he plucked any necessary hairs.

I was thinking the same..I have been tweezing also. I just feel like a good shaping would aid in easier placement.

I don't Microblade, but I do wax.

After waxing a brow the skin will be sensitive, can be sore and red. The area must be left alone and not touched to keep it bacteria free. The last thing you'd want to do to freshly waxed skin is use a blade on it.

Here's some waxing aftercare instructions:
http://www.barewaxing.co.nz/waxing-before-after-care/

So if you use numbing cream you couldn't apply that on waxed skin.

Your client could get their brows waxed 2 days before. Do you wax? Because if they go somewhere else, they might get them waxed into a shape that's different to how you would of bladed them had you seen their natural brow hairs.

I don't Microblade, but I do wax.

After waxing a brow the skin will be sensitive, can be sore and red. The area must be left alone and not touched to keep it bacteria free. The last thing you'd want to do to freshly waxed skin is use a blade on it.

Here's some waxing aftercare instructions:
http://www.barewaxing.co.nz/waxing-before-after-care/

So if you use numbing cream you couldn't apply that on waxed skin.

Your client could get their brows waxed 2 days before. Do you wax? Because if they go somewhere else, they might get them waxed into a shape that's different to how you would of bladed them had you seen their natural brow hairs.
Thanks! I do wax yes.

Latest posts

Back