Waxing bushy eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
So far, including on my course, and clients since, I have only waxed brows which tbh didn't need a lot doing to them, just a slight tidy.

I now live in fear of someone with thick bushy uncontrollable brows booking in for an eyebrow wax as it will be a whole different ball game! Any tips please as forewarned is forearmed! Xx

Little bit at a time. Don’t let yourself feel rushed either. Personally I start at the centre and then shape along the top and get that nice clean guide line in place first as I find it easier to picture the final shape then. Have a look on YouTube for Regina Brows, she has some fab videos of all sorts of brows and how to tackle them.

Little bit at a time. Don’t let yourself feel rushed either. Personally I start at the centre and then shape along the top and get that nice clean guide line in place first as I find it easier to picture the final shape then. Have a look on YouTube for Regina Brows, she has some fab videos of all sorts of brows and how to tackle them.

That's great. Thanks so much x

I would also trim them first makes it a bit easier if thats ok with the client, some like them trimmed and some dont.

This is my system for the big bushy, wiry brows !
  • wax centre / bridge of nose
  • brush all the hairs upwards towards you so you can see the area under the brow clearly
  • wax the areas under the brow
  • if you need to wax above the brows then brush all the hair downwards and then do this
  • This then leaves you with the long hairs to deal with which you can either trim or tweeze out according to your clients' preferences
I actually use a nose hair trimmer to trim the long hairs (but obviously I never tell the clients what i'm using...!! ;) )

LOVE waxing big brows and transforming them! Great tips above, and I also use an eyebrow pencil just to mark out where brows should start/arch/end and then you know what you’re dealing with, what shape you need to create and stops you from taking away too much :)

OMG these are my favorite kinda brows, the transformation is the best! :D Would you go to a masterclass to help tackle it for your confidence? xoxo

OMG these are my favorite kinda brows, the transformation is the best! :D Would you go to a masterclass to help tackle it for your confidence? xoxo
Yes was thinking along similar lines myself!

Do you all charge more for a re shape than a tidy? If so do you ask questions when they book so you can tell them the price?

Yes was thinking along similar lines myself!

Do you all charge more for a re shape than a tidy? If so do you ask questions when they book so you can tell them the price?

I have a two tier pricing structure system for brows, so a eyebrow tidy is done between 2-3 weeks and a eyebrow reshape is 3 weeks+. It's on my price-list, my website, no quibbles on timescale. Waxing or threading. The price is up to you. Every client is automatically booked for a reshape but if you know they're a regular or had it done exactly three weeks prior I honor it, however one day over I charge the reshape price. For me I charge fractionally lower for the tidy so i know i'm guaranteed that income plus i get clients re-booking more to keep the shape up.

In regards to adding on tint or defining them more using all the skills I charge a standard price. The above is just for the maintenance side of a client not requiring or needing a tint, just a brow wax or brow thread. I feel this is great for my clients that have aggressive hair growth and they don't feel out of pocket and can treat themselves more than having the odd one off hd brow treatment then come back 6 weeks later with bushy brows because they may feel that its expensive....this way you're still doing the treatment and managing the shape and getting regular income.

I went on amita patels masterclass earlier in the year and i put a post up about my experience with it. I would highly recommend. xoxo

I have a two tier pricing structure system for brows, so a eyebrow tidy is done between 2-3 weeks and a eyebrow reshape is 3 weeks+. It's on my price-list, my website, no quibbles on timescale. Waxing or threading. The price is up to you. Every client is automatically booked for a reshape but if you know they're a regular or had it done exactly three weeks prior I honor it, however one day over I charge the reshape price. For me I charge fractionally lower for the tidy so i know i'm guaranteed that income plus i get clients re-booking more to keep the shape up.

In regards to adding on tint or defining them more using all the skills I charge a standard price. The above is just for the maintenance side of a client not requiring or needing a tint, just a brow wax or brow thread. I feel this is great for my clients that have aggressive hair growth and they don't feel out of pocket and can treat themselves more than having the odd one off hd brow treatment then come back 6 weeks later with bushy brows because they may feel that its expensive....this way you're still doing the treatment and managing the shape and getting regular income.

I went on amita patels masterclass earlier in the year and i put a post up about my experience with it. I would highly recommend. xoxo
That's brilliant, thank you

How much more would you charge for a first time very bushy client? More than for a trim I mean. 50% more?

I just have one price and assume it will be a full reshape every time. If there's not much to do I still charge the same. Overall it balances out.

Occasionally, if I'm doing an expensive facial and just a few hairs need tweezing then I include it as a freebie. But if the wax comes out I charge!

Having different prices would confuse my ladies and where do you draw the line.
After all, if a client has Amazonian length legs I wouldn't charge her more for a full leg wax [emoji4]

Last edited:
I just have one price and assume it will be a full reshape every time. If there's not much to do I still charge the same. Overall it balances out.

Occasionally, if I'm doing an expensive facial and just a few hairs need tweezing then I include it as a freebie. But if the wax comes out I charge!

Having different prices would confuse my ladies and where do you draw the line.
After all, if a client has Amazonian length legs I wouldn't charge her more for a full leg wax [emoji4]
That's a very good point!

I have a client with really bushy eyebrows. I have to trim them a lot before I even start waxing. They always look better once waxed but I find tinting them a whole different issue..... I always advise these clients; to book their appointments ahead if they miss one or two appointments, the eyebrows go a bit crazy ;-)

Trim first
Wax underneath both brows
Top both brows
Centre
Tweeze
Work in straight lines looking at both brows after each area to check they match.
I think a wax is a wax so you should charge the same either way.

Latest posts

Back