Waxing couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeCee

Reaction score
First time posting in this forum!!

Booked in to do Kim's female speed and intimate waxing week after next and was wondering if anyone used the fold up 'massage' couches that you can get on ebay for £60 ish. Obviously I appreciate that a static/hydraulic/electric one would be best, but my nail studio doubles as a guest room and ideally I want a couch that will fold away. They don't look all that sturdy to me, but may do the job until I see how I go. If I start to get quite a few bookings I may have to have a re-think and re-locate the sofa bed in order to get a better couch!

All help appreciated. I may be hanging around here for the foreseeable future as you all seem very helpful!

Thanks in advance.
Clairex

Hi, I have used one of these recently. They are a bit wobbly and not extremely comfortable but it does the job! I used mine for about 3 months and have only replaced it for more comfort for client for massage and pedicures. You can always make it more comfy with towels & covers x

First time posting in this forum!!

Booked in to do Kim's female speed and intimate waxing week after next and was wondering if anyone used the fold up 'massage' couches that you can get on ebay for £60 ish. Obviously I appreciate that a static/hydraulic/electric one would be best, but my nail studio doubles as a guest room and ideally I want a couch that will fold away. They don't look all that sturdy to me, but may do the job until I see how I go. If I start to get quite a few bookings I may have to have a re-think and re-locate the sofa bed in order to get a better couch!

All help appreciated. I may be hanging around here for the foreseeable future as you all seem very helpful!

Thanks in advance.
Clairex

Claire

There are loads of great quality portable massage couches that you can buy if you are looking for a couch that golds away.

Personally I always prefer something that has a bit more padding so it offers a little bit more comfort for your client.

Before I bought my electric massage couch I used to buy all of my massage tables from this company as I always found their customer service very good, great prices and they have great range of tables to choose from.

Hope that helps

http://www.bestmassage.co.uk/portable-massage-couches.html

Thanks for your replies. Do I need one with a back rest that sits up or will a flat one do? I know I could probably wait and see what Kim says but I want to do the course, get home and practice!

A sit up one is best as most clients will want to sit for part of a leg wax. As for getting a cheap couch, I honestly think thats fine for waxing. Most clients won't be on it longer than 45mins and its not like its a relaxing treatment like a massage where supportive padding is important anyway... Most of the cheaper couches i've see have actually been pretty sturdy and can bear weights of up to 30stone.

If you want something that will be a bit more comfortable either get a nice thick throw to go under your waxing sheet / towels or look for a second hand couch as there are usually loads around and some are in very good condition (students who have changed their minds etc)!

Thanks everyone I think I'll just get a cheap one to start with and see how I go.

More questions to follow re wax no doubt

I posted a detailed reply to this and it's not appeared. I posted a link to a couch so maybe that's not allowed. Sorry.

I posted a detailed reply to this and it's not appeared. I posted a link to a couch so maybe that's not allowed. Sorry.

Was this your post below Kim? If so you posted it on the thread with the title Beauty Couch not Waxing couch lol ...have you had one too many gins this morning xx

If you're going to do massage, get a static bed as the hydraulic beds that I have are like Bucking Bronco.......they rock back and forth.

This is a strong and fairly inexpensive one:-

http://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk/furniture/beauty/couches/rem-standard-couch.html

Oh sorry! I just replied in the thread so God knows what happened there:) x

If that was the link then although it looks like a good couch, I wanted a fold up one to start with that isn't too expensive. Thanks anyway

I use one called a Tahiti massage table (I dont know why its called that tbh) and find it great! Folds up and is sooo strudy. Doesnt budge. I've had a few larger ladies who seem concerned climbing up but it doesnt even rattle a bit. I find the metal ones seem to rattle and shake. It was cheap too! About €80.
I've had it years now and theres not a mark on it. I've included a link of one similar to mine. All the bits on the side and bottom are detachable (face hole etc)

http://www.sportandleisureuk.com/massage/massage-tables/tahiti-reef-massage-table.html

That looks great. I've seen ones like this on eBay but was wondering about the quality but if it's not wobbly it could be worth buying - and they do them in pink

I bought a bed on Amazon for £90 and free delivery, it arrived the very next day, and it was the best buy I ever made. It has all the massage attachments, able to sit up your client to however they are most comfortable and the height is adjustable. When eventually I need another bed I will definitely be buying the same one. I've had it over 12 months and it still looks brand new, I have a fitted sheet over it and bedding. It's perfect... I also have a valance over it, which hides the underneath and all my bed rolls :)

Hope this helps xxx

Latest posts

Back