Waxing Course Confusion!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashesbeauty

Reaction score
I recently completed a warm waxing course. We covered all areas except for bikini waxing? I'm a bit confused really as I expected for this to be included. When I asked the tutor she said that bikini waxing wasnt included in this course and that I needed to do an intimate waxing course. Obviously I understand that Hollywood and Brazilian would require a completely different course but not a basic bikini line?

I'm now struggling to find just a basic bikini waxing course as apposed to an intimate waxing course

Am I right in thinking this is a bit unusual or is this the norm??

Thanks!

No that definetly sounds odd to me. I would have thought a basic pant line bikini wax would be included. What did the couse description say? Do they offer abasic bikini or intimate course? Maybe its something they do to get people to book on their intimate course.

I would write a letter of complaint.

Never heard anything so ridiculous. It definitely should have been included.

Crazy! You do not need a separate course/certificate for bikini waxing...only for intimate. It absolutely should have been included!

Oh how ridiculous is that! Your best bet is to find a local trainer and ask them to spend an hour with you one one to one to go over the bikini waxing.

Mat

thats silly waxing a bikini line and intimate waxing is two seperate courses!!everyone knows that... i thought when i read your post cuz you mentioned warm wax that you didnt do bikini as some courses do bikini line, only training you with hot wax and not warm wax but as for not doing it at all!!!id defo complain as if you coverd waxing fair enough but what are you going to do when a client wants bikini???ul be stuck!!!

Strange it didn't cover that!

However, if you don't want to do a Brazilian course, hopefully you learnt enough on the basic waxing course to attempt to do a basic bikini without extra training. It's only the crease of the leg really, so very easy.

Make sure you stretch the skin at all times when removing the wax so you don't bruise your client. x

Thank you for the advice everyone. I have had a basic bikini wax done for years so im confident that I will be able to do it. I think its more of the fear if anything went wrong i may not be covered on my insurance as I did not cover it in class.

Thanks again everyone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back