Waxing disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone your horror stories have made me feel much better!! Lol [emoji3] x

My tip is do the bikini wax first - it does tend to get warm in the room when you are working up a sweat on a full leg and that way you can get it done first before the client starts getting too hot for the wax to set well.

Then I would do the front upper legs for the same reason.

I do it this way when the weather is hot but it would work well for you too well you're building experience.

That's the two worst areas for getting over heated during waxing done first and then the rest of the legs areas don't seem to get warm enough to interfere with the wax after that.

My tip is do the bikini wax first - it does tend to get warm in the room when you are working up a sweat on a full leg and that way you can get it done first before the client starts getting too hot for the wax to set well.

Then I would do the front upper legs for the same reason.

I do it this way when the weather is hot but it would work well for you too well you're building experience.

That's the two worst areas for getting over heated during waxing done first and then the rest of the legs areas don't seem to get warm enough to interfere with the wax after that.
Great advice. I tend to do it this way if I'm doing a Brazilian and it does make sense. Stick a bit of wax on bikini (if you're using non strip ) wax a bit of the upper leg and bob's your uncle x

Thank you will try this way, gets the worst bit out the way first too!! X

My 1st full leg and bikini took 2hrs and i wanted to die, now it takes an hr and 10 minutes. I find having a set plan really helps, I do backs of calf's, backs of thighs, flip over and do front of one calf, knee, front of thigh then same on other leg. Get the client to do a frog leg, put bikini wax on then start inside of thighs which is the hard bit. I find taking the wax off in smaller sections at an angle from the bottom upwards helps or even using hot wax is loads better, costs more but its worth it till you feel more comfortable. Don't be afraid to ask clients to hold skin if you need them too. It's still my least fave thing to do but I don't dread it like I did x

Just had a complete waxing disaster and could actually cry! I am new to waxing and not done that much so advertised for models to practise a bit more. Had done a few half leg which went fine and took about 25 mins. Tonight I had a lady for full leg and bikini and it was a disaster, took me about 2 hours (her mum even rang to check she was ok) lol she was quite hairy and I really struggled with thighs especially and then when I went to bikini I switched to hot wax and it just wasn't setting, when I was removing it just went all gummy (never happened before) I was so embarrassed in the end I just almost gave up, did bare minimum on bikini. The lady was lovely and I was joking with her about how long it was taking but honestly it was a complete nightmare. I was in a huge sticky mess, just awful, shall I just give up [emoji20] X
Hi where are you in essex ? Inm in the same situation , we coukd model for eachother if you want ? Xx

I can't believe you're drizzling... I was never even taught to drizzle! Dip and throw, spatulas are super cheap. Waxing always takes me ages. I do a lot of facial waxing rather than legs to be honest. Full legs are always a nightmare. Keep practicing and good luck!! x

Latest posts

Back