Waxing equipment recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallmale

Reaction score
My friend is a beautician but shes very mature and is not up to speed with all the latest equipment but she has asked me to try and find out if there is any equipment that anyone can recommend for heating up the wax quickly? She says that she has a machine but it takes one hour to heat the wax up before it can be used. So she is looking for some equipment that can heat the wax up quickly so that she can visit a client (she has a mobile business) and can quickly start the waxing after a short while of being at the property.

Any recommendations would be great.

Many thanks.

Sometimes it helps to heat it with the lid open in the microwave before putting it in the heater?

Thanks if you heat the wax in the microwave with the lid open and then put it in the heater how long should it take to heat up properly once its in the heater?

My friend is a beautician but shes very mature and is not up to speed with all the latest equipment but she has asked me to try and find out if there is any equipment that anyone can recommend for heating up the wax quickly? She says that she has a machine but it takes one hour to heat the wax up before it can be used. So she is looking for some equipment that can heat the wax up quickly so that she can visit a client (she has a mobile business) and can quickly start the waxing after a short while of being at the property.

Any recommendations would be great.

Many thanks.

Hive double digital machines are excellent. You just hold down the one button briefly and it switches to HI and heats very quickly. If I forget to turn the pot on before a client strip wax is generally ready to go by the time they are undressed and prepped. For a brow wax it’s ready by the time a quick tint is done (like blonde/light brown time). Hard wax is however slower, it does need a good 10-15mins.

Thanks if you heat the wax in the microwave with the lid open and then put it in the heater how long should it take to heat up properly once its in the heater?

Just FYI one of mine exploded so avoid using microwave unless mobile or no other option. Imagine fire and lava.

My friend is a mobile beauty therapist so she would need something that can be used by a mobile therapist. I know a lot of girls use the microwave to heat the wax up and to know that yours exploded is quite frightening really.

Have you tried Flirties they do a mini wax heater ideal for mobile?x

I'd suggest a roller wax system. The latest ones have heated jackets fior the roller. I wouldn't want to travel home with a part full pot of warm wax. But travelling with a half used roller wouldn't be an issue.

I also wouldn't want to use a pot and spatula in someone's house because I'd be worried about drips. You still get drips with a roller, but not on the floor, just the occasional drip when you are working if you're not being careful.

Hive have a mini heater too. Neos. They do disposable plastic inserts which can be heated 4-5 times before discarding. Also a coffee tin fits reasonably well. I have coffee tins with a little warm and hot wax in for my brow training - it's fine for just a little wax fior facial bits. You can't fill the tin right up, just stay at the level of the wax heater.
image.jpeg

Even if you use the hi setting you still need at least an hour to heat wax and get it to the correct temperature to use. Just using the hi and then using quickly after you will burn someone!

Latest posts

Back