Waxing extra strong hairs?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
Hi Guys, This is my first post with yourselves, so hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I have worked mainly in a hotel salon just one day a week for about 18 months since being qualified and so therefore have not built up too much experience with waxing as it just isn't the sort of treatment requested by hotel guests. I am now leaving the hotel and have recently plowed lots of money and effort into advertising for mobile clients. A new client contacted me last night for a waxing treatment (tops of legs and edges of bikini), she said that she needed to warn me that she had very strong hair which some therapists have had problems with. I haven't ever really come across any problems like this, the only time I have found hair very course was on a black women when I worked in my first salon, but i still managed to achieve a good result.

Any advice would be appreciated, as this is one of my first clients for my new mobile business I would like to build up a great rapport and ensure the treatment runs really smoothly.

Thanks guys.

I could tell you to buy a certain wax that's brilliant for tough hairs but I think you should wax this client with what you normally use as your technique may be better than her previous waxers. Then, if you have trouble getting them out, tell her that next time you wax her, you'll try a different wax that will get them out. Then let us know and we can all give you our different opinions on what wax you should use. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. xxx

Just do small patches at the start so you know what you are dealing with.

If the wax you use is a good quality,you should have no problems with this client.Wax that is sold to professionals has to cater to most types of clients.

However if this client does not fit into the norm,you will realise after her first treatment,and tell her that you will source a wax more suitable for her skin and hair type.

The wax you use is very important,but your waxing technique and confidence plays a big role too.

Hot wax ,although fractionally more expensive removes strong hairs-thats why it is used in bikini waxing-and may well be the answer to this clients query.

I have a little trick for those coarse hard to get hairs. I apply a thin layer of wax opposite the direction of hair growth, then another thin layer of wax with the direction of the hair growth. Apply fabric and remove as usual. It works like a dream. It works for people that come in way too early after shaving too (I've successfully removed underarm hair 4 days after shaving!!).

I have a little trick for those coarse hard to get hairs. I apply a thin layer of wax opposite the direction of hair growth, then another thin layer of wax with the direction of the hair growth. Apply fabric and remove as usual. It works like a dream. It works for people that come in way too early after shaving too (I've successfully removed underarm hair 4 days after shaving!!).
This is exactly what this site is about. Sharing info and skills. Love it !!! xxxx:hug:

sorry to hijack thread but that it such a good little tip! xx

Ohh I'm going to try that on the hairs on the upper thigh and back of calves on one lady where some of them are very short from where they rub on her clothes. Brilliant advise.

I could've used that tip yesterday, would have saved me a lot of tweezing.
Thanks for sharing though, I'll know next time.

excellent tip, will try that one out, quite often get hairs not quite long enough to wax on u'arms :)

Thats great help - thanks. Love the tip about waxing against and then with the growth direction.

Latest posts

Back