Waxing/eye treatments - mobile home visits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi.

I am now going mobile after having rented a room in my Auntie's hair salon for 7 years, then working in a converted summer house salon.

Bit scary, but circumstances have changed. Maybe 65% of my clients are happy for me to visit and I am panicking about proper mobile equipment, times / distance etc, having been so used to clients coming to me.

Heating a wax pot... And travelling with it to each home.

If this is my choice, surely people won't be happy with a "home visit charge"?

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of things I need to think about to be honest

Eye treatments - do you use a mobile couch or utilise a sofa or similar.

I really would be grateful for any help, hints / tips you can offer me.

Carly xx

There is a lot of things to think about when you are going mobile but even if it is your choice you are literally adding more service on so you can charge extra. After all you are now making it more convenient for clients by coming to them so they dont even need to leave the house!
Make sure you cover enough for your time, petrol etc and maybe look at the treatments you are offering, ie it would not be worth going to someones house for a lip wax as there is too much time involved so maybe look at offering treatment packages that make it worth your while to travel.

Depending on the eye treatments you are offering make sure you invest in lightweight beauty bed. If you are doing a quick tint, then its fine on a chair or couch but if you are going lash extensions or other lengthy treatments you will need a proper beauty bed otherwise you will only hurt your back and it isnt going to work well in the long run.

Also make sure you get insurance cover and take precaution (floor covering or sheet) to avoid any issues with clients carpet etc and if you are setting up to be permanently mobile, try looking at a solution for your car so that everything has got its place. Ie you want your wax pot lockage and in a box or all your wax equipment in one bag etc to make it quick and easy to get out what you need for each client without having to rummage and search for bits and pieces (you might have already thought of this but i m just typing it as i think of it)

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your response.

I do various beauty but with eye, it would be eyelash tint, brow tint, brow shape - I'm racking my brains on how best to do them, remaining and looking professional and comfortable for the client to.

I'm worrying about my wax pot being driven around too. Any ideas to keep it secure?

Carly xx

I know what you mean, you need lightweight equipment and also an easy set up that still looks professional and is comfy for you and your client. I think once you start you will find what works and what isnt quite right and you can tweak it from there.
Maybe get a plastic box so you can put your wax pot in there so even if you have a lockable lid nothing can spill if the pot tips but if you wedge it with your other bits and pieces (pre /aftercare, accessories) then it should be fine in the boot.
For the eye treatments i would probably go for a lightweight couch (avoid wood as they tend to be heavier) and at least you are safe for all your lash and brow treatments? x

I’m mobile and I have a beauty bed for treatments. Although I do use a clients dining chair for a quick brow tint or wax. Some clients prefer the beauty bed so I always ask but 95% just sit at on their chairs.
For waxing I use the PhD system for warm wax so no chance of spilling. For hot wax I use a tin from the wholesalers with a lid. I put the lid on and sit it in a bag in the footwell of the car and never have any problems.
I find it easier to have a bag for each treatment and I keep everything in it together. There’s less chance of forgetting something then!
It can be difficult to keep time as I find people are often not ready or busy when I get there as they’re at home. I love being mobile though, you can do what you want when you want and my clients love being pampered at home x

Latest posts

Back