Waxing Geeks...my legs are on fire!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
Oh boy, it hurts!

What can I do to relieve it? Is this how it's meant to feel after your first leg wax, or am I just a big wuss?

I'm close to taking my jeans off and just sitting in my pants. :eek:

I WOULD remove the jeans, jeans arent great after a wax - you want something light weight like loose joggers or pj bottoms :)

Sudocream or nappy cream and some antihistamine maybe.

Not a normal reaction, any other signs?

Thanks ladies. My jeans are loose, like flares, otherwise they would've been off!

My legs went red straight away and are still red now, an hour post treatment completion. It feels like stinging pins and needles if that makes sense.

It's a little unusual to have a stinging reaction like that but it does happen.

When an area of the body is waxed for the first time you can have 2 or 3 different reactions, including the one you have had.

Second and third waxes should see the skin adjust to the wax and the heat and the trauma.

Get the nappy cream on them and take the Piriton.

It's also possible that you are reacting to something in the wax, have you got any known allergies?

It might take up to 48 hurs to settle down.

Thanks Jacquelineanna, I had my brows waxed as well and they are only red, no stinging. But I can have sensitive skin, that I would say can react to washing powders etc.

I don't have any nappy cream, I only have oil free moisturiser in the house, but I'm pretty sure that's perfumed.
Actually, I have Diprobase in the cupboard. Would you consider this an ok alternative?

aloe gel is great for after waxing it cools the area right down, and soothes :D I use it after the burny laser treatment and it helps sooo much lol Defo avoid jeans baggy soft trousers are best ;) you shouldn't be feeling any heat now but just for future reference :hug: xx

Thanks again. I now know for next time if it happens again and will get some kind of medium to put on them.

I would recommend the outback organics ranges - they are just superb! :) I bought a bush balm initially for my husband to trial (he gets awful shaving rash on his neck all the time!) and for me to use on my intimate waxing clients - husband hasn't had a shaving rash since! I make him apply it after shaving and every morning - I apply it to my underarms etc when I've waxed and it definitely makes a difference :) Worth a try!

Thanks Tinx, funnily enough I had to return today as when I looked at my legs this morning there were areas that hadn't been taken by the wax.

A different girl rectified them for me and the waxing didn't hurt at all, unlike last night and I am not suffering any stinging or redness from today either!

Needless to say, I took her name!

Do you know if she used a different wax? I found that waxes with teatree in I react to... don't know why...
If not then it would be interesting to find out what she did different...

Hmm, the colour was the same, as was the consistancy. The only difference was today I couldn't really feel any proper warmth from it. You know when something is body temperature, you can really feel it?

Last night it was warm, like getting into a warm bath. I wouldn't have wanted it any warmer!

There was no odour from it at all.

Hmmm sounds like the first girl has had wax too hot and perhaps not stretched the skin, thats why your skin has reacted so badly. Don't get me wrong there is always a little discomfort and it may feel tender for a wee while! I look like I've rubbed jaggy nettles all about, when I've had any waxing done! lol xx

Hmm, the colour was the same, as was the consistancy. The only difference was today I couldn't really feel any proper warmth from it. You know when something is body temperature, you can really feel it?

Last night it was warm, like getting into a warm bath. I wouldn't have wanted it any warmer!

There was no odour from it at all.

Sounds as though maybe your waxer wasn't experienced and possible stretch or the wax was too hot. Who knows!

When in pain……..take pain killers:) x

Thanks Kim. That's exactly what I say to my husband when he complains but doesn't do anything about it!
I couldn't take any more pain relief at that point, as I had taken it to get me through the door of the salon!

I asked girl 2 why it didn't hurt with her, but did hurt with girl one and she couldn't explain it, but did say that it shouldn't really hurt! She did comment, though in a professional way that some of the hairs looked like they had been broken off. Maybe technique was the issue.

Latest posts

Back