Waxing has caused sagging skin on eyelid area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautifulone1

Reaction score
I'm 41. I have been waxing since I've been 19ys old and over time I've noticed extra skin puffiness under my eyebrow.
I was about to get my brows waxed and a customer warned me about premature wrinkles overtime but I continued to wax. Now I see that it caused it. I'm stopping waxing immediately and want to do the threading or razor. Preferably, threading. Now I want to get a reversal method to tighten up that area. I know it's not due to aging because that is the only area in that condition. Do anyone have any advice for me?
I was thinking about using a facial cream or facial serum to get that area back to normal.

What makes you think a client would know what she’s talking about? If you are working in a salon you are the professional and should have corrected her.

The stretching involved in waxing once a month is nothing compared to when you sleep on a pillow every night or pull a simple facial expression.

Get a facial and ask for advice if you don’t know about skincare. Unfortunately those I meet that have concerns about ageing and wrinkles are those that haven’t picked up a cleanser in their life and rely on soap.

41....it really could just be ageing i'm afraid to say. I'm 37 and have some fine lines around my eyes that weren't there when i was 19. We can't look young forever ;)

I agree with the previous replies. I would suggest that the removal of a waterproof mascara for example, would stretch the skin more often than a brow wax. Plus, threading requires stretching too. My eyes get puffy if I use eye creams, or an oil based eyemake up remover. I would believe it's just down to age. Sorry I cant help with any treatments

Thanks for your replies. By the way, I'm not a hairstylist nor do I work in a salon. i was waiting for the waxing service.

I am a fully qualified Hairdresser + Beauty therapist with over 25yrs in industry and educated to Hnc , the waxing of any area through time can cause a negative effect on the skins elasticity as waxing removes moisture , and then some of the natural supleness is slightly broken down , unfortunately the ageing process doesn't help and can therefore slightly damage collagen production ,id recommend laser removal for facial areas and a supplement called liquid gold from Holland +Barrett a good moisturiser with 15+spf and a few home facials.
I would also splash the face and neck with cold water after every bath/shower to shock the muscles and close the pores
A wee secret i learned from a spa in Reykjavik

Latest posts

Back