Waxing help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debs

Reaction score
I`m not sure if this is in the right place but it is non nail related so here goes....

I have just done my first all off bikini wax and I have to say having it sprung on me and not wanting to back out of a challenge, a challenge it most certainly was.
Is there specific positions the clients should be in to aid in this operation?
Is there specific training that can be had in this type of waxing?
I`m not sure I want to do this again but I want to be prepared in case I`m put in this position again

hi debs

Yes you can get training for this kind of waxing.

It was covered on my brazillian wax training (run by the hive @ elite)

It is a bit nerve wracking isnt it:eek: but once you do them regularly you wont bat an eyelid.

Re Postitions.....Kate lisa did a fab tutorial i dont know if youve seen it? only place i found you had to get in a position for is in between the cheeks where its better to get into the recovery position and get the client to help by holding one cheek up.

You've got to be careful though doing all offs as you are touching some REAL sensitive skin esp on the lip area - getting it wrong and u can cause REAL damamage!!!!

I dont know if your insurance covers you if you havent dont Brazillian wax training.

Also...TOP TIP picked up from this site....OIL the area WELL first so the wax doesnt sticl to the skin..only the hair.

Hey congrats on your first one though mate!

hth

amb x

Yea, brazillian training is a definate if you want to do this kind of waxing!! I used to HATE bikini waxing, and dreaded anyone asking for it, but now ive done extra training, and practised loads, im not bothered at all by it anymore! The oil is a good tip as well, works fab!:)

Hi Deb,
There are a couple of courses that do this near you. Brentwood academy, (you have to have it done) and Phoenix, (they get models in for you)!! My insurance company dont cover me for brazilian waxing until I have done the course! So off I go!!!!!!!!

Ooh you ladies are brave. I couldn't bare to do it or have it done. It just scares me:eek: the thought of it

when u say oil the area what do u mean? just normal massage oil? wouldnt this stop the wax sticking to the hairs?

Thanks for your help, I`ll have to get the training now won`t i? Not sure if I want to do it again but it won`t hurt to get the proper training for when and if!!!!

linzwee said:
when u say oil the area what do u mean? just normal massage oil? wouldnt this stop the wax sticking to the hairs?

You can use any light oil - massage oils such as sweet almond and grapeseed are fine, as is baby oil, and even the post-wax oils that some companies sell will do a good job. Steer clear of the heavier massage oils like wheatgerm and avocado though, as these are more difficult to get the right amount on the skin.

You need the tiniest smear - too much and it will indeed stop the wax sticking to the hair, in fact the wax will slip and slide about all over the place. If you find you have too much, simply wipe off the excess with a tissue and try again. Takes a bit of practice to get right, but it's well worth the effort!

Andy x

Also just a quickie, if the client wants around the underneath done, rather than putting them doggy style, you could also get them to put their legs towards their chest and this gives a good stretch.

Definitely use oil as it helps with a number of things.

1. stops the wax adhering to the skin
2. aids healing process
3. moisturises any dry patches

Latest posts

Back