Waxing Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire x

Reaction score
I was waxing a clients leg, underarm and legs the other night. The leg hair was removed with great results, however, when I was removing the underarm only some of the hairs were removed. Leaving quite a lot left. I have waxed plenty of underarms before and never had this problem. Ok there might be a couple of hairs left which I can easily remove, but with this client there was a lot?

Has anyone ever had this problem before? If so what did you do to remove excess hairs?

Pease help :cry:

I had this with a client the other day and i realised that her hair was growing in every which way direction, and some were still a little short to wax out. Had to tweeze a load! Spanish women only seem to leave it 2 weeks between waxes and it's just not long enough (the time interval or the hair)! I even had someone turn up for a leg wax that had only shaved the day before :eek:.

That's usually when they grow in a vortex. The best way to treat that is to wax up, down, left and right and you should get them all.

Isn't the underarm skin too sensitive to wax it 4 times though? I was taught never to go over more than twice.

I was waxing a clients leg, underarm and legs the other night. The leg hair was removed with great results, however, when I was removing the underarm only some of the hairs were removed. Leaving quite a lot left. I have waxed plenty of underarms before and never had this problem. Ok there might be a couple of hairs left which I can easily remove, but with this client there was a lot?

Has anyone ever had this problem before? If so what did you do to remove excess hairs?

Pease help :cry:

I had this problem last week.

It was the clients first wax and they were definetly long enough imo but they just wouldn't come out :mad:

She came back two days later and I got them all out. I just put it down to them needing to be slightly longer and they were very strong !

was it a hot night it may have been that she instantly perspired under the wax in which case people prone to this need talc.You should be able to see which way the hairs are growing if they are short enough in which case you can do them bit by bit using small cut strips so you are never going over the same place twice.If you use sugar wax you can wax over twice without too much trauma.

I love getting the coarse hairs out...i love looking at the "bulbs" on the end of the hair....and sometimes show it to a first time client:eek::lol:

That way they can see that the hair has come out at the right stage of hairgrowth:)

Isn't the underarm skin too sensitive to wax it 4 times though? I was taught never to go over more than twice.
You know how it is Sass................what we're taught and what we do in the real world are two different things. You would need to see how their skin reacts.

Also, I use hot wax for underarms as it's much gentler and you don't really get this problem. xxx

I think I would probably use hot wax for that situation too. Less sensitivity to the skin and it can get those coarse little blighters out easily.:)

If you apply a little oil to the area being waxed this will protect it from the wax. With underarms, it's common to have several different growth patters going on.

Latest posts

Back