Waxing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty4you

Reaction score
Hey folks,

looking for a bit of advise re wax sticking.

Iit has happened to nearly all my clients where the wax doesn't come off up to 5 times after applying the strip and pulling we always get there though but this is worrying me as it is happening with different wax types that I am trying. when I do the leg i cover the full leg and it can happen, but also when I only covera small area it can still happen. was thinking that I was taking too long to get it off but not with small areas.

it has happened to seperate clients in all areas of the body.

is my wax too hot in the first place? it is not burning clients so didn't think it was that.

any advise greatly received.

I am not getting nearly enough practice at waxing as I would like.
Cath
x

Your wax is maybe not hot enough as wax sticking tends to be a problem when the wax cools down and doesn't stick right to the strip. Giving the strip a good rub should heat it up if it aint lifting.

I would also recommend you get yourself some Perron Rigot strip wax which doesn't set up as fast and you can cover both legs and it comes off like a charm. Also I put a layer of oil on under the wax which makes for easy removal.

Let us know how you get on x

Last edited:
When you say it doesn't come off, do you mean it sticks to the strip instead of the leg? (So that everything that was on the strip goes back onto the leg in a clump) Or that you pull the strip off and the wax is "glued" to the leg and hasn't budged?

Could be that your clients are cold...it sometimes happens to me if my client has been outside right before their appointment and their skin hasn't warmed up yet...it could also be that your wax isn't hot enough...or that you're not preparing the skin properly...

Be interesting to see what other geeks think, I'm really tired and can't think of any more reasons right now!!

I think you're either putting the wax on too thick, or your strips are not good quality.

Make sure your wax is as hot as possible without burning and as thin as possible. Scrape it on the skin rather than spread it. Firm rub of the strip and pull it off almost flat to the skin and not upwards.

Try a tiny amount of oil under the wax. Jasmine oil is nice and light. xxx

Wax is possibly being put on too thick and too cool.Their skin maybe dry or their skin is cold.
Try and get your wax as thin as possible it may feel a bit hot but as long as its fine for the client and has no risk of burning them that is how it should be.When you use oil for pre wax this should prevent any sticking on dry area like knees or ankle area.
If the client is cold do all other areas before the legs so they get a chance to warm up.If they are still cold you just have to do a bit at a time ..put on,take off immediately.
If it does stick rub strip back on but pull the same way as you put it on (opposite to normal waxing procedure ) or put on another layer of warm wax rub hard and take off straight away.Remember to stretch the skin really tight when you pull off.
Is this happening with cream wax.if it is it is probably because it is too cool and too thick try turning up your thermostat a tad.

hi hun this has happened to me before on a couple of occasions it is normally one of 3 things wax is not hot enough, clients skin is too cold or they have moisturiser on. The only way i found to get it off is first reapply the strip and pull off in the opposite direction, or apply a very thin layer of wax over the top.:lol:

Thanks for the advise.

I think I might have the wax too thick as I am waiting on it going too cool probably.

Will try try try again.

Practicce makes perfect as they say.

Thanks,
Cath

Not telling you to rush or any thing and not sure how new you are to waxing hun but as soon as the wax is on, get it off after a firm rub!! All the things people have said are very true, I've found the cotton strips grip alot better than the lycra ones?? I think thats what the more stiffer ones are made out of. But thats my oppinion everyone is different and with various experience levels...anyway hth :)

xoxox.

Not telling you to rush or any thing and not sure how new you are to waxing hun but as soon as the wax is on, get it off after a firm rub!! All the things people have said are very true, I've found the cotton strips grip alot better than the lycra ones?? I think thats what the more stiffer ones are made out of. But thats my oppinion everyone is different and with various experience levels...anyway hth :)

xoxox.

With a few of the really beautiful brands out there, removing it quickly no longer matters. In fact it is one of the more important parts of true 'speed waxing', that you can apply a product to the entire body part without fear of it setting up. The Jasmine oil is an absolute go, and yes, you are probably using it too thick.

Latest posts

Back