Waxing Horror in Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess-jamie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I did my Wax Training Course on Friday, On a one to one, which after i thought could have gone better, the trainer was more interestered on talking on her telephone and where was the nearest sandwich shop.

The Company who i took training with was great, they said to use the pot and the roller system in training and to see which one i got on with.

I have just spoke to my models and put it this way i have lost clients now,

1st Model is really sore with her bikini line and underarm.
2nd model is in pain with her upperlip, as it is still really swolen and covered in white heads after 3 days. Ther trainer did this model, not me.

and also i was told i couldnt do eye brow waxing as i would have to do eye treament course first.
This is the main reason i wanted to do waxing.

To top it all off i was never showed the roller wax system.

So now i have paid out all this money for this course and i still feel untrained, i still dont think im confident to do it on paying clients.

Please what should i do.

Thanks

Was the course accredited?

To be honest that just aint good enough! Have you phoned them to complain? I would tell them you want a refund or ask them to come out to you to train you properly.
I have never heard of eyebrow wax being taught only in eye treatments. Have you got the course guidance list on what should have been covered?
Did the trainer use gloves when waxing the lip? If not did she wash her hands first? Had the model put make-up on before 24hours,or touched the area?
xxx

You should be doing eyebrows in waxing as in the eye treatments module you would only do plucking so you would end up never learning! I would ask for a refund if you aren't happy and then you can do a different course.

Hi tell me about it, £200 down the drain, thats how i feel now.

My models didnt wear make up after, and we both wore gloves.

I would love to get a refund but i dont think that would happen.

I dont lik making too much of a fuss so i wouldnt want to be trained again because it would be the same trainer. the trainers are all self employed so i dont think i will get a penny back.

First things first you need to make a formal complaint to the training company about your trainer and see what they say to you and take it from there.

Definately make a formal complaint first in writing to the MD of the company. What you could do is request that you have your training repeated with a different teacher and ensuring that you are taught all the things they intially told you would be covered. Tell them that if they are unable to provide this that you then want a full refund.

Also, in your letter ask if they are accredited and if so with which professional body.

Hi tell me about it, £200 down the drain, thats how i feel now.

My models didnt wear make up after, and we both wore gloves.

I would love to get a refund but i dont think that would happen.

I dont lik making too much of a fuss so i wouldnt want to be trained again because it would be the same trainer. the trainers are all self employed so i dont think i will get a penny back.

Well get them to send you another trainer. Sometimes you have to make a fuss and you have every right not to be happy by the sounds of it!
Failing that you could always save another £200 and train somewhere else. I know what I would rather do :hug: xxx

Just had another thought - are your models still red and sore? If so, get a photograph of the area to include with your letter just to prove that no-one is exagerating.

Hi there, if you are really not happy with the course I would contact Consumer Direct and tell them exactly what happened. They are very helpful and will be able to tell you whether or not you could claim your money back. You can get their number from the internet.

HTH.

Nobody likes to complain but in this case you're just gonna have too. Like the others said, make a little fuss to ensure that you don't lose out and neither does anyone else taking training with them after you.

Complain directly to the company and give your models as references if necessary. Let them know that you want proper training for your money and this simply isn't good enough. Let us know how you get on xx

What was the title of the courses you were doing? Did it mention brows in the original info you were sent? What sandwich did she have?:)

Seriously, this is terrible. You must call the company and tell them what you told us. Also, ask to be re-trained free of charge with a different tutor. Good luck. xxx

Definitely make a formal complaint first in writing to the MD of the company. What you could do is request that you have your training repeated with a different teacher and ensuring that you are taught all the things they initially told you would be covered. Tell them that if they are unable to provide this that you then want a full refund.

Also, in your letter ask if they are accredited and if so with which professional body.

Just had another thought - are your models still red and sore? If so, get a photograph of the area to include with your letter just to prove that no-one is exaggerating.

Perfect advice...please follow it.
The company involved need to know if their Trainer is up to standard, after all she is giving them a bad name.....and you need to get the training you paid for!
Good Luck.

Its always good to check the acrediations of these training companys, they charge a lot of money and sometimes its money down the drain, it sounds like you spent a lot and for nothing, also check out any colleges in your area who do beauty and hairdressing courses, as they have part time courses and you end up with a nationally recognised qualification, might take a bit longer than just a day, but you want to know that at the end of any training you will be able to do the job with the right accreditation to take to an employer:)

Latest posts

Back