Waxing - ingrown hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
Hi

Im looking into an effective and cheap product for clients to purchase for ingrown hairs.
I find especially on the bikini area, they have ingrown hairs and big red spots and wonder what I can retail.
It seems pointless to have a clean waxed area but yet have big red spots.

Any reccommendations would be greatly appreciated .

Many thanks

I tell clients to exfoliate a couple of times a week and to moisturize every day; this really helps.

Karaxxx

a great retail item to stock is exfoliating gloves. i buy them cheap and sell them cheap. that way they dont have to get in the shower to do it.

also, remember curly haired gals like myself are just naturally prone to ingrowns and need to be vigilant. now only like half the hair grows back so i rarely get them.

Tend skin all the way!! It is a truly amazing product. You can buy it online at hqhair and a couple if other places but worth contacting them as they sometimes offer trial sizes and offers for wholesale purchase. A bottle starts around £10-14 but will last for AGES and guaranteed no ingrown hair, even in Afro hair

Apart from exfoliation as mentioned above, skin doctors do a treatment called ingrow go. It's about £9 for a bottle at boots. It seems to work well for me, but can sting a little for 3-4 seconds when you first apply it. I think you use it 3 times per day.

Hth.
X

Ooh I will defo try those products and suggest to clients if they work! I fond mine a nitemare!! Thank u :) xx

As part of my male waxing aftercare I supply a disposable exfoliating glove and some tea tree based moisturiser. I advise my clients to purchase a Japanese wash cloth, as these last about 12months so they get good use from it especially for those who wax regularly.
I find regular exfoliation (2-3 times a week) combined with tea tree based skin wash and moisturiser seem to work for most clients. I have the odd client who has more issues and often they find PFB Vanish to work, Im sure its similar to Tend or a lot of the other Ingrown Hair Treatment Products.

I retail a range of Tea Tree based skin care suitable for after waxing and they are currently developing a product specifically for ingrown hairs which will be great to offer clients a range that covers all their waxing aftercare needs.

Hth Jack

I use tend skin too - great stuff :)

Quinoderm facial wash can be bought OTC and has a licence for use in folliculitis.

Ingrow go from boots is ment to be really good and is a good price x

one of my regular eyebrow waxing girls had her first ever leg wax about a month ago, i saw her yesterday and she told me that she got really bad ingrown hairs on her legs, i asked if she exfoliates and she says that she always does even before she got waxed. can anybody explain why this has happened and what can be done.
whilst waxing her legs, it was the easiest leg wax ever, the hairs just glided out compared to some leg wax nightmares that ive had.

thanks

It might be a good idea to get out of the mindset of wanting something cheap. Something that works will make your clients happy.

I agree tend skin it's brilliant!!x

ive never used tend skin before but i think i will try it, i have really bad ingrowing hairs on the bottom of my legs and i have alot of scars from them.

one of my regular eyebrow waxing girls had her first ever leg wax about a month ago, i saw her yesterday and she told me that she got really bad ingrown hairs on her legs, i asked if she exfoliates and she says that she always does even before she got waxed. can anybody explain why this has happened and what can be done.
whilst waxing her legs, it was the easiest leg wax ever, the hairs just glided out compared to some leg wax nightmares that ive had.

thanks

If she over exfoliates this can cause ingrown hairs too so make sure she's not doing it every day! I exfoliate 2 days after waxing and then 2-3 times a week. Pop a bit of baby oil on after exfo and she should be fine. I had a client who was exfoliating twice a day before she came to me! Her poor skin..... Xx

Prevention is better than cure. Get them to dry brush and put sone baby oil on after. Only if that doesn't work, use an ingrown hair solution. They're very harsh and drying though.

If you get them to dry brush their legs on the morning of their waxing appointment, they'll get great results. X

Cant believe nobody has mentioned PFB Vanish, its WAY better than Tend skin and a trial size roll on is only £2.95!! enough to treat an ingrown hair or bikini line for a week! PM me and i will send first 20 of you a free sample just to show I am not selling stuff:biggrin:

I sell PFB Vanish in my salon and I have to say, it sells well because it works.
You can get trial sizes as well as other sizes. I had free samples for clients to use and they always come back and buy a big size :biggrin:

Thanks for the endorsement, think PFB vanish is a hidden gem, if you like Tend skin you will adore PFB!! We used to do all the professional trade shows but we had to cut back due to the economic climate. Happy to provide links by pm to anyone interested

Latest posts

Back