Waxing issue with hair growth direction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starholistics

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to waxing, only qualified recently and am at the practicing stage before being let loose on the public and it has been going wonderful so far apart from the occasional armpit where the hair is standing straight up and I am struggling to tell which direction I should be applying the wax in! Is there a knack to this or is it just down to experience? :eek:

Thank you in advance for any help or tips you can offer :hug:

Use hard wax (hot wax) on underarms, because of the pattern of growth.

Just take a clean spatula and run it under the hair and you'll see which direction it's growing in.

Don't take any notice of those awful diagrams that show you the way the hair 'should' grow as everyone is different.

Thank you for the replies, I have not seen hair like this before it stood bolt upright and was not going either direction, as they were a practice model and someone I knew I explained my concerns and with permission just took a best guess and it turned out ok but just wanted to check it out incase it was beginners luck and I saw this type of thing again :lol:

Latest posts

Back