Waxing kits to start up with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGordon91

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am training in waxing on thursday, following it up with sugaring and some kim lawless waxing hopefully.. It's a basic waxing course but I am hoping to purchase a kit for my room at home. I've been having a look and not sure where to start. There is so many companies and so many offer a start up kit but honestly.. I'm not sure what's the best?

Am I best buying it all together from one place? Or buying bits and bobs then purchasing the wax? What companies for wax do people recommend?

I know alot of questions as usual but I want to make sure I buy the best. I have plenty of family, friends and a few clients who are happy to be my guineapigs lol. So I will get plenty of practise.

Any help greatly appreciated :) x

Hi all.

I am training in waxing on thursday, following it up with sugaring and some kim lawless waxing hopefully.. It's a basic waxing course but I am hoping to purchase a kit for my room at home. I've been having a look and not sure where to start. There is so many companies and so many offer a start up kit but honestly.. I'm not sure what's the best?

Am I best buying it all together from one place? Or buying bits and bobs then purchasing the wax? What companies for wax do people recommend?

I know alot of questions as usual but I want to make sure I buy the best. I have plenty of family, friends and a few clients who are happy to be my guineapigs lol. So I will get plenty of practise.

Any help greatly appreciated :) x

Hi , Wait and see what your course tutor recommends; they may have a list prepared with details of suppliers or recommended waxing starter kits. There are lots of great beauty suppliers that all offer wax kits and sell everything individually so you can create your own kit.

I prepared a list for waxing therapists of the suppliers that I found useful when I was starting out for all the various bits and bobs that we need as well as the wax and it's got links for Beauty Express, Salonsdirect and Ellisons all great companies, hope it helps.

Good luck with your training

http://jdwaxingschool.com/useful-wax-stuff/getting-started

Hi , Wait and see what your course tutor recommends; they may have a list prepared with details of suppliers or recommended waxing starter kits. There are lots of great beauty suppliers that all offer wax kits and sell everything individually so you can create your own kit.

I prepared a list for waxing therapists of the suppliers that I found useful when I was starting out for all the various bits and bobs that we need as well as the wax and it's got links for Beauty Express, Salonsdirect and Ellisons all great companies, hope it helps.

Good luck with your training

http://jdwaxingschool.com/useful-wax-stuff/getting-started

Hi, thanks for the link that's so useful! I just like to be prepared and sometimes I find that other therapist have found something or reccomend something that training courses might not. I also want to be able to go out this weekend and get all set up and practising. So it's mostly impatience to get going lol

But thank you for the link and best wishes for the course. I'm really looking forward to it and using it as a step on the ladder to some amazing courses

You'll no doubt be advised by your tutor on Thursday and then it'll be a case of choosing which wax to use. Get the basics first just to get a feel for things. Spatula's, strips etc. Exciting!

If you do train with me you'll be taught using a high end brand and basics so you can see the difference between cheap waxes and expensive waxes...........you get what you pay for with waxes. For example I only use good quality strips but they make your life easier and you use less in the long run.

My tip is.....Don't run out and buy a load of wax products until you know what you're doing as it'll be money down the drain. Good luck on your first course and I hope to meet you someday.

You'll no doubt be advised by your tutor on Thursday and then it'll be a case of choosing which wax to use. Get the basics first just to get a feel for things. Spatula's, strips etc. Exciting!

If you do train with me you'll be taught using a high end brand and basics so you can see the difference between cheap waxes and expensive waxes...........you get what you pay for with waxes. For example I only use good quality strips but they make your life easier and you use less in the long run.

My tip is.....Don't run out and buy a load of wax products until you know what you're doing as it'll be money down the drain. Good luck on your first course and I hope to meet you someday.

Hi Kim. Thanks for replying to my thread!

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions but I always like to prepare myself in advance. Once I get reccomendations I'm sure I'll do a fair bit of asking questions on what people think of the brands. I've already been looking into some of the wax companies that I've found out through shows but I always like people advise and opinions. Always too eager lol. I do know that what you pay for is what you get though. I always choose to spend a little more to ensure a good quality product. But I won't rush out to buy anything till after my course at least.

I am saving by pennies to come train under you once I've done this course. I spoke to someone from your team earlier in this year so my plan is to do this as my first waxing course then come learn under you because I've been recommended you from so many people so it;s a goal to get down to you before the end of this year :)

I hope to meet you too! x

Sounds silly but aside from using a good wax, it's the spatula's and strips that people pay too much for so have a good look around and try to pay about £1 a box of 100. Whatever you do don't buy all your stock from a wholesalers as online is far cheaper. x

Sounds silly but aside from using a good wax, it's the spatula's and strips that people pay too much for so have a good look around and try to pay about £1 a box of 100. Whatever you do don't buy all your stock from a wholesalers as online is far cheaper. x

I actually have an overstock of spatulas weirdly enough lol. I mostly use them for decanting facial products and cuticle remover etc from their tubs. So I'm not too worried about them. I am one of these people actually who hunt for things online but Jack Dunn's links are super helpful.

Talking of waxing, I see you are in scotland in September :D! Super handy as I was all prepared to come down but if you are coming up then that kills two birds for me lol. So I will probably be booking in this week with the deposit to secure my space :D

I actually have an overstock of spatulas weirdly enough lol. I mostly use them for decanting facial products and cuticle remover etc from their tubs. So I'm not too worried about them. I am one of these people actually who hunt for things online but Jack Dunn's links are super helpful.

Talking of waxing, I see you are in scotland in September :D! Super handy as I was all prepared to come down but if you are coming up then that kills two birds for me lol. So I will probably be booking in this week with the deposit to secure my space :D
Fab! I'll look forward to seeing you then. x

Revisting this since my training is all done. I want to practise, practise, practise but I also don't want to buy a wax that wont be as good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In regards to my trainer suggesting something - I wasn't actually referred to anything. I was told a place to look for some good things. I have found the wax they used but if I'm honest I wasn't fond of the system.

Thanks for the help and advice so far :)

To be honest it all depends of what you can afford. There are countless cheap and middle priced waxes on the market and many people use them day in day out quite happily, however, once you use a good quality wax you'll be spoilt and so will your clients too.

You can for example buy three tubs of a cheap strip wax for about £10 whereas you would get one tub of a good quality for around that price.

If you do train with me you'll be taught with a high end wax and all details will be given at the time. In the meantime try a few strip waxes and then move on to the hot waxes. Hope that's of some help. x

Revisting this since my training is all done. I want to practise, practise, practise but I also don't want to buy a wax that wont be as good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In regards to my trainer suggesting something - I wasn't actually referred to anything. I was told a place to look for some good things. I have found the wax they used but if I'm honest I wasn't fond of the system.

Thanks for the help and advice so far :)

There are lots of great waxes out there to try and we all have our favourites and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from other therapists.

I use Perron Rigot, I love it and was introduced to it when I first trained in waxing many years ago and have used it ever since.

But we are all different and we all have our own preferences in terms of which brands we like.

I think it's good to see which brands people recommend and perhaps get a few for yourself and see which ones you like working with

Good luck

Latest posts

Back