Waxing leaving stubble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
Hello geeks :) I had my legs waxed the other day and they're not smooth at all, they just feel stubbly like I shaved a couple of days ago. Could this be something the therapist did wrong or that I am left with the shorter hairs that couldn't be removed with wax?
My hairs were plenty long enough for a wax

It can take a few waxes to get all the hair on the same growth cycle so that they are all long enough come out at once if you don't shave between waxes you will be smooth soon x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It is also possible that the therapist MAY have snapped the hairs instead of removing them from the roots. This would produce stubble a few days after a wax as the hairs are still growing, it will feel the same as a few days after shaving would feel. It is unlikely that the therapist would have snapped the hairs all over the legs though so if it is the whole leg or a large area then it is unlikely to be the cause, if it's just a small area or 2 then it is a possible answer.

If you can feel a lot of stubbly hair it could also be that the therapist has not performed the treatment correctly. Pulling the wax strip off incorrectly can snap the hairs off at skin leval leaving a stubble feel.

If you had previously shaved your legs it can take a few waxes to get the best smooth results , or as the others have said the therapist may have snapped the hair on removal.

Jack

The waxer either broke the hair by pulling the strip off incorrectly or if you're on certain medications it can make the hair brittle.

If you've been removing the hair in other ways then it can take a couple of waxes to get rid of stubble and faster re-growth.

Since training in waxing I've had no one to practice on except myself. I'm finding that my legs never feel smooth after waxing (strip wax) but I can't see any hairs so I don't think it's stubble. Are my expectations of 'baby bum smooth' too high?

I have always had stubble after my leg wax and have been having this done since the summer, last year. I have never shaved in between and am not on any meds. I'm thinking about giving up on it now as I'm fed up trying. I could never go on holiday with them.

I was really worried about this when I first started waxing. I am still fairly new to it.

I did my sisters and my own and they were stubbly and not very nice to be honest. But now both me and my sis have had our second wax the finish is much nicer and i expect in a couple of weeks when we have our third wax i will get the smooth finish.

Even the most experienced waxer will fail to get a smooth finish on someone who has been shaving prior to waxing.

Even the most experienced waxer will fail to get a smooth finish on someone who has been shaving prior to waxing.

I haven't shaved for about 5 months! It must be my technique as I'm using good quality products (PR). I wonder if the combination of not a good angle when removing a strip and not stretching the skin sufficiently means that I'm not getting the best results. It's really hard to get people to practise on though. I was talking to a group of friends yesterday and they said that they are too self-conscious to be a wax model for me.

My husband is very hairy though ..... ;)

I'm so glad I found this thread as I have this when waxing my own legs so feel paranoid it will happen with clients (although none have ever said)
I guess it's a case of just sticking with it and practise, as waxing ourselves is always gonna be harder x

Latest posts

Back