Waxing Moustache

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
I have decided I will TRY to wax my own moustache :o:o

I am PETRIFIED:Scared::eek:

Ever since the birth of my children, and hormones gone wonky.... I have developed a moustache. Nothing huge, or major. But it IS there. I've bleached it.. but that wasn't satisfying enough for me.
Up until recently, I was using a cream depillatory. Put on, wait 8 minutes, wipe off.

But.. it seems they grow back really fast and in 7 to 10 days, there are stragglers showing already:irked: Plucking the odd ones HURT LIKE H**L

BUT I want them GONE longer than a measely 7 to 10days.

I did waxing in my dep course of cosmetology.
And today, I purchased at the pharmacy a cold wax kit for moustaches. (yes yes, should go pro, but it was a whim, as I hesitated buying the depillatory cream that I had run out of)

Ok.......
My questions are these:
HOW painful is it?
How long will it last before I have to torture myself again (IF I work up the courage again, after ripping my face off)
AND any tips to minimize the discomfort???

thx everyone!

Ok Victoria I have to say personally it is the most painful part of the body you can wax!
I do mine but before I rub loads of Tree Tea Oil on it to try and numb it a little then I do one side, other side then the middle .
The only thing I can suggest is to rub hard and rip it off very quickly:lol:

After a wax it normally needs re done about 4 to 5 weeks later I do still get a stray little bugga that needs plucked but not that many thankfully!
Good luck I will know if I hear this strange scream in the distance what it will be :lol:

Jmho, I dont find it that painful, just uncomfortable enough to make your eyes (or eye in my case- I do have 2 eyes but only 1 waters) water!
Id go and have it done professionaly though, and its only your top lip it wont cost the earth!
I could never rip wax off my own face! :eek:

1.Cleanse the area of any make up.
2.Rub you finger across the top of a bottle of baby oil if you don't have anything else.
3.Apply the oil to the area to be waxed
4.Dab with a tissue to make sure there isn't too much oil there.
5.Stretch the skin and apply the wax in the direction on hair growth. So that's down in the centre, then centre outwards for the sides.
6.Apply your wax strip, rub firmly, stretch the skin and RIP.
7.DO NOT hesitate or stop half way and make sure that you pull the strip in the opposite direction of the hair growth and not upwards as you'll just break the hair.
8.Do both sides, then the middle.
9.Apply a soothing lotion

Good luck. x

OH MY:eek:

Ummmmmmmmm
losing courage now.......
I had forgotten that it had to be done in 3 sections......
I thought one tug, and the suffering would be done...
And the center is the WORST:!: when I pluck it.

The baby oil confuses me though, maybe things change?
We were taught to make sure that the area was oil free so the wax wouldn't tug and 'slide off' the hairs, so that it WOULD grab them and rip them out.
Or maybe it's just been so long, and I'm decrepit and old now, my memory is foggy?

Oh dear... I'm scared:Scared:
do I try and wind up with half a moustache and an opened box I can't return?
or go pay the 8$ and let some sadist torture me?
:lol:

I'd pay the money to a beautician tbh. It's not much.
I did my own once and took half my lip off.
Thats why I'm a NAIL geek and not beauty:lol:
Anyway..think of the money you'll be saving on humbugs mate..you can put that money towards regular waxing now!!:)

Victoria, I think I would def go with the beautician. I'm not a scardy cat. I pluck my own brows and epilate underarms and legs. I feel very little pain from these, but think I'd chicken out with my top lip.
Why don't you sell the wax package on ebay? LOL
Marion x

just do it :green: the 1st times the worst:lol: then you will be fine

hey you will be doing your own hollywoods soon , haha

I'd pay the money to a beautician tbh. It's not much.
I did my own once and took half my lip off.
Thats why I'm a NAIL geek and not beauty:lol:
Anyway..think of the money you'll be saving on humbugs mate..you can put that money towards regular waxing now!!:)

Now.... I 'think' I understand , BUT just to be sure.....

I recieved an email asking for my address about melting humbugs...
Am I to understand that you guys are taking care of my bugs?

I dont want to say another word, in case my mind isn't in the right direction:o

It will be worth the pain in the long run hun
and to help numb the area you can use the gel that you can buy from chemists for babies when they are teething
just put it on about 15 Min's before doing all the prep for the waxing and away you go,
the oil trick works wonders and will stop you from ripping half your face off,
good luck and let us know how you get on :hug:

Now.... I 'think' I understand , BUT just to be sure.....

I recieved an email asking for my address about melting humbugs...
Am I to understand that you guys are taking care of my bugs?

I dont want to say another word, in case my mind isn't in the right direction:o
If you have a look around there is a thread that has been started to unindate you with hum bugs for your wedding favours
WEDDING FAVOURS Victoria not a life times supply for you lol

If you have a look around there is a thread that has been started to unindate you with hum bugs for your wedding favours
WEDDING FAVOURS Victoria not a life times supply for you lol
Awwwwwww, surely she can keep one or two..., or 3 ...or4..... for herself! lol

Marion x

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I must be blind, as I missed it.
For the first time, I'm at a loss for words...
For now, until I stop crying, Please understand that I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.....

:hug:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I must be blind, as I missed it.
For the first time, I'm at a loss for words...
For now, until I stop crying, Please understand that I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.....

:hug:
No dont cry
you can keep some for yourself really :hug:

At the moment I'm only waxing family and friends but, as a result of reading advice on other threads regarding lighly oiling the area to be waxed, I'm another convert. It definitely works, so do try it. :)

No dont cry
you can keep some for yourself really :hug:

LOL
You goose, that isn't why I was crying. I'm a brat, but not THAT much of a brat :lol:

See other thread :wink2::Love:

I had my top lip waxed once, and that was enough!!!

I thread mine now. Best thing i ever did, hairs grow back much finer and hardly have to do it at all now!!

My course cost £100 and it's been the best investment i've ever made!!

The more often you get waxed the less it hurts. I used to do half my face - from toplip down and that was for about 10 years. The joys of PCOS. I had laser done a couple of years ago. Best thing I ever did.

Why don`t you try the laser method?it is brilliant...there is no pain it takes about 2 minutes,no products,no stretching no nothing....it is low cost it lasts 3 months+ and after 5 visits to the doctor the hair is disappeared FOR EVER!!!
i ve lasered my underarms,moustache anf full bikini...it is perfect!!!

Victoria, NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!!:)

Just imagine the amount of pain with each hair that's plucked....

Wel, just imagine having to do that 100 times!!!! Well, it's not that painfull!

TBH, I find it just stings for a bit afterwards, but, my god, what a lovely, smooth top lip I've got for weeks.

Go for it, It's not THAT bad, honest! I'd rather wax it than pluck it!!

Question - When I did my waxing course, I was told that the more you wax, the slower the hair grows back, the less dense and eventually it gives up! How true is this????:|

Latest posts

Back