Waxing newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_PennyDreadful_

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm currently in training for waxing treatments and bought my first wax pot (Salon Services 500cc Wax Heater) for home use. In college we use 1000cc heaters and melt the wax into the removable container, but this pot doesn't have a removable container.
I was wondering is it safe to place the plastic wax tub into the heater?
Sorry if this is a daft question :)

Thanks!

Omg I had the exact same problem today actually I'm new to waxing and got a kit when I went to open the wax it was solid and I couldn't get out it so I popped it in the heater and by luck it melted and the plastic didn't feel silly lol so yes you can do it :)

Hold on..!! It totally depends which heater you have. I know Carlton's heaters heat far too hot for plastic tubs and will melt them. Just check with the manufacturers of your specific machine.

I does depend on the wax heater you have I know with mine that you can put the little plastic tub in the heater to melt but i can also just put the wax into it as well. If your heater doesnt allow the wax pot to be placed in then turn the wax pot slightly on its side so that the heat will go up and make it soft so that it runs in - we do this in college with the wax heaters we have

Well we both have the same kit from sallys so I'm assuming it would be ok

Hi ive just dont my waxing course and looki g to get my own kit, what brand and size would you recomend? There are so meany types out there! I need some thing for mobile use. Would be thankfull for any advice!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I qualified over 7 years ago and have only just gone back into beauty so can not remember much about how to heat the wax etc. I have purchased a Hive digital 1000 wax pot & Perrion Rigot wax Ocean Blue.
I have a couple of questions on this:
Do I pour my wax into the bucket provided with the heater?
If I have wax left over, can this wax be reheated once cooled say the next day for another client?
Hate to sound so clueless! Can anyone help?

No remove the inner bucket and just drop the tin straight into the heater. Cover wax when not in use and over night and it last ages and can be reheated virtually endless times.

I qualified over 7 years ago and have only just gone back into beauty so can not remember much about how to heat the wax etc. I have purchased a Hive digital 1000 wax pot & Perrion Rigot wax Ocean Blue.
If I have wax left over, can this wax be reheated once cooled say the next day for another client?

Thank you so much for your reply :)

Also if you prefer to use a scraper bar when you wax you can fit the tin of Perron Rigot wax inside the inner bucket on the Hive 1000cc..

Latest posts

Back