Waxing nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma H

Reaction score
Hi,

Everytime i wax my legs they are fine until a couple of weeks later when the hairs start growing back in. They become so itchy to the point i am clawing at them so badly they bleed then scab which is not attractive and also a pain when its meant to better than shaving! When i shave my legs they also itch when the hairs start to grow though. I exfoliate my legs as i know how important it is to remove dead skin cells to allow the hairs to get through easier but right now my legs have scabs where ive itched so much and i have tons of hairs that i can see but that are lying under the skin?? I just dont get whats wrong??

Also when i wax my bikini for days after it you can still see the red spots where ive waxed and removed the hairs from. Now today the spots have white heads on them! I dont understand whats going on its the same everytime i wax thats why i stopped waxing for years but i hate shaving as it doesnt last and itches my legs too.

Has anyone come across this before?? The wax temp is fine, i stretch well and exfoliate.

Any advice would be appreciated. x

Hi Emma. What a nightmare!

I know that some people get itchy as the hairs start growing through but has this happened always, ever since you started waxing? How many times have you waxed yourself? Just a couple or loads? If you've waxed only a couple of times, you'll find it should stop after you've done a few waxes on yourself.

Try applying nappy rash cream immediately after waxing and see how it goes next time. Do you have dry skin and dark hair? Don\t over exfoliate and apply a nice baby oil or body oil to your legs.

Hi Emma. What a nightmare!

I know that some people get itchy as the hairs start growing through but has this happened always, ever since you started waxing? How many times have you waxed yourself? Just a couple or loads? If you've waxed only a couple of times, you'll find it should stop after you've done a few waxes on yourself.

Try applying nappy rash cream immediately after waxing and see how it goes next time. Do you have dry skin and dark hair? Don\t over exfoliate and apply a nice baby oil or body oil to your legs.

Hi Kim,

I shaved my legs long before I started waxing them and with both when the hairs grow through im itching like mad. I wait a couple of days after waxing to start exfoliating then do it every couple of days with a good brush but the hairs are under the skin and i can see them they just wont come through for weeks - very frustrating! When I shave although they do itch all the hairs come through together.
I wouldn't say I've waxed myself loads but more than a few times. I applied sudocrem this morning to try and calm it down on my bikini line as it the red white spots look horrible :( I have dark brown hair I will apply some baby oil tonight as with all the itching my skin has gone dry. I hope something works as there's nothing worse than being able to wax yourself but with all this it puts me off but I dont want to go back to shaving either!!

Thanks for your help :)

The thing about waxing ourselves is that we can't always get the angle correct and you might be breaking the hairs instead of ripping them out of the root:(

Hope the itching stops soon. x

Why don't you try getting another therapist to wax you hun, even if it's just the once to try and narrow down what the problem is? If it's ok or not as bad when someone else waxes you maybe it could be that you are not getting quite the right angle when waxing yourself (it's not easy lol) xxx

Yeah it may be that! Im sure though that when one of the girls waxed my legs at my old work that they were itchy (i think!). I do find it hard waxing myself because im the one controlling the pain lol different when someone else does it for you, you cant say not yet they just do it nice and quick and you suck it up where as sometimes i go to remove the strip and then stop half way through cause of the nippy pain (especially around the ankle -ouch) so i know that will probably snap the hairs.

I think i may have to go back to shaving :evil: as I just cant put up with this itching, ingrown hairs and scabbing! Really disappointed as the time the hairs take to come in and how soft they are is what i love about waxing. :(

Oh, I can really empathise with you! I've had regular full body waxing treatments over the last sixteen years and have experienced this in the past on my legs (shin area) – it's such a deep intense itchiness you just have to scratch, even to the point of bleeding – but curiously not on my upper body (chest, back and arms). If it's any comfort to you I've always continued with my waxing and I can't recall the last time it happened :)

I must admit my exfoliating/moisturising regime leaves a lot to be desired, but it's interesting to read that there might be other reasons

Do you have dry skin and dark hair?

I have dry skin and dark hair so curious to know why this could be a factor.

Hope you can continue with your waxing - definitely worth it for the results :)

Didn't want to read and run but Not sure what to suggest as the waxing queen is much more qualified than I lol. The white spots do sound like the spots you get when you touch the area after waxing and bacteria gets in though. Hope you find a solution hun x

Oh, I can really empathise with you! I've had regular full body waxing treatments over the last sixteen years and have experienced this in the past on my legs (shin area) – it's such a deep intense itchiness you just have to scratch, even to the point of bleeding – but curiously not on my upper body (chest, back and arms). If it's any comfort to you I've always continued with my waxing and I can't recall the last time it happened :)

I must admit my exfoliating/moisturising regime leaves a lot to be desired, but it's interesting to read that there might be other reasons

I have dry skin and dark hair so curious to know why this could be a factor.

Hope you can continue with your waxing - definitely worth it for the results :)

It's just something that I've noticed on clients.

I use tend skin lotion for a week before waxing it helps stop in grown hairs razor burn and spots from waxing it is brilliant my hairs are so thin on my legs now that I think they can't push through the skin so this is what I use I also recommend it to my clients

Latest posts

Back