Waxing on a massage chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBJ

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Geeks

I am currently a Nail technician but I am just about to do an indian head massage course and was planning to get one of the forward facing massage stools....but I have also had quite a lot of clients telling me that they would like me to start eyebrow waxing..ideal for when their top coat is drying (another course !).....but.....

I have very little room in the Hair Salon that I work in which is open plan....so can't do bulky furniture.

Clearly it is unlikely a client will want an IHM when the hair salon is in full flow but I do work late and would offer it after hours as such....however..in order to avoid having too much furniture (limited storage space too I'm afraid) I was thinking of waxing brows whilst clients sat the other way round on the massage stool which would tip them back a bit...do you think this would tip enough for me to wax??

I have considered a portable couch but some of my ladies are quite heavy and not very mobile..uneven floor too (Grade 2 listed building - beautiful...but testing !)...as you can see the odds are a bit stacked against me LOL...any thoughts??...

...I desperately want to expand my treatments for my clients as they are so supportive and loyal and say they would like a one-stop-shop pamper day treatment....hair/wax/massage and nails...

...any ideas would be welcome ..

...thanks team
xx

Hi,

I am also a nail tech in a hair salon. I offer facial waxing and lash tinting too.

I just have a reclining barbers chair and it works brilliantly for me. I've been using it for two years now and never had a problem.

Hope that helps x

Hi,

I am also a nail tech in a hair salon. I offer facial waxing and lash tinting too.

I just have a reclining barbers chair and it works brilliantly for me. I've been using it for two years now and never had a problem.

Hope that helps x

Hi BBB79 ...Yes that is helpful thanks...how expensive are the reclining barbers chairs and where did you get yours from please

Hi BBB79 ...Yes that is helpful thanks...how expensive are the reclining barbers chairs and where did you get yours from please
...Also how much room have you got ?...do you use screens when you wax clients ? xx

I got my chair a couple of years ago. Think it was £150 ish from an online company that I cant remember the name of. If you google barbers chairs loads of different styles come up. I chose a traditional one and removed the foot plate.

I basically have a nail station and I sit on the barbers chair. It then will twist round and recline for waxing clients.

I don't have a screen, I intended to but have never needed it and clients are more than comfortable and relaxed. In fact some have been known to have a little snooze [emoji23]xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447093524.515785.jpg

I got my chair a couple of years ago. Think it was £150 ish from an online company that I cant remember the name of. If you google barbers chairs loads of different styles come up. I chose a traditional one and removed the foot plate.

I basically have a nail station and I sit on the barbers chair. It then will twist round and recline for waxing clients.

I don't have a screen, I intended to but have never needed it and clients are more than comfortable and relaxed. In fact some have been known to have a little snooze [emoji23]xx

Hey..Thanks very much that's brilliant...thanks also for taking the time to reply...I am very grateful for your help..let me know if there's anything I can help you with at any time and I will do my best.

Thanks again x

Anytime Hun, hope I helped. Good luck with everything xx

Latest posts

Back