Waxing poll!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always used strip wax for everything. Now starting to do brazilians etc with hot wax and may consider using this for under arms too....but never had a issue with strip wax!

I am the same as this :) do my training with Kim lawless in April so will be using hot wax for brazillains although I go to a girl to get my Hollywood done and she uses strip wax, I don't find it as sore as the hot wax!! Xx

I use non strip on bikini underarms and face. X

When you say oil, like what type? I will definitely try that. Is grapeseed ok?
I dont personally feel comfortable using strip on sensitive areas but i dont really have a choice grr!

If it was up to me I'd use hot wax for all sensitive areas. But it's not. It's up to my boss. And we use strip for everything including Hollywoods.

Laura xx

I trained 9 years ago :0 we use phd wax ( strip), we don't do intimate waxing, just standard or high bikini

For bikini waxing I use hot wax and a little bit of strip if there's the odd fine hair left on the top or inner thigh. For underarms and face its 50/50 depending on the hair. For mens brows I only ever use hot wax.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Strip wax for everything, would be interested in trying others but no one seems to run trial wax type classes sadly. Then again probably not much call for it except for us 'long time qualified' therapists. :sad:

Peron rigot do taster days :) also if you go to trade shows you cab try some waxes out x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained 9 years ago :0 we use phd wax ( strip), we don't do intimate waxing, just standard or high bikini

It's amazing how much things have changed in such a short time isn't it? I trained 8 years ago and intimate waxing was virtually unheard of!

I only use strip wax for legs - for all other more sensitive areas it's hot wax all the way - I've been "stripped" for a Brazilian - it wasn't pretty!😣 xx

It's amazing how much things have changed in such a short time isn't it? I trained 8 years ago and intimate waxing was virtually unheard of!

I trained over 20 years ago and I knew a girl who used a chip pan as her wax pot..yes ......your eyes have not deceived you .....a chip pan!

I use hot wax for Hollywood and Brazilians and sometimes for underarms if there quite short or coarse. Otherwise strip wax for everything else... just quicker, cleaner and easier x

I trained over 20 years ago and I knew a girl who used a chip pan as her wax pot..yes ......your eyes have not deceived you .....a chip pan!

Holy moly! What did she heat it up on? The hob??! :eek:

Hard wax for intimate, underarms and ears/nose and most facial.

Strip wax for legs, arms and back.

Chest, depends on hair, will use either depending on client.

What are the reasons for choosing one or the other? I recently had a hollywood (first time) , the therapist used strip wax. I think I almost left the couch, it HURT ... a lot very briefly. Does it hurt less with hard wax? Maybe I should go for that next time!

Non-strip wax is much more suitable and comfortable for waxing intimate and sensitive areas and most clients can see a huge difference when they have experienced both methods. .

That said there are a few very good therapists who can work really well with strip wax and provide a great comfortable intimate waxing service for their clients

Latest posts

Back