Waxing pot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinju

Reaction score
Hi all

I am introducing waxing in my salon, I wanted to find out which is the best product in the market as in dual wax pots and the waxing brand? I have seen a few but I thought it's best to find out from people who have used certain brands and they are happy with it.
Many thanks
xx

For hard waxing, I only get on well with Hive. I like their soft wax too but find that most soft waxes work the same for me. I tend to pick up whatever's on offer really. I've just got the Sienna X Double Wax Pot, but I'm yet to try it out

For hard waxing, I only get on well with Hive. I like their soft wax too but find that most soft waxes work the same for me. I tend to pick up whatever's on offer really. I've just got the Sienna X Double Wax Pot, but I'm yet to try it out

Thank you for your reply. I will check out Hive wax and they double wax pots
Xxx

It’s about what suits your hand/technique, your clientele and your salon image/branding

If you plan on doing intimate waxing you may want to go with a brand that promotes the results for this treatment. If you plan on doing mainly facial waxing you may want to use a “brow” brand’s wax. If you plan on doing body waxing, are you cheap and cheerful or will your clients pay extra for an eco product or a luxury branding?

If you’re going to use the wax that sets hard on the skin you may wish to use a posh brand if that suits your business. You need to consider demand, whether staff will need training (most upmarket brands require you to train to learn the best application techniques or their brand “style”) and the cost, including the cost of ordering a product in small quantities and having to pay for postage.

If you want to keep costs down, it makes sense to buy through your main wholesaler so that you can add wax to your bulk order and save on postage costs. The big wholesalers often do discount days when you can stock up, whereas the Independant wax brands only do deals once or twice a year.

There is no “best” wax, only good service and indifferent service!

It’s about what suits your hand/technique, your clientele and your salon image/branding

If you plan on doing intimate waxing you may want to go with a brand that promotes the results for this treatment. If you plan on doing mainly facial waxing you may want to use a “brow” brand’s wax. If you plan on doing body waxing, are you cheap and cheerful or will your clients pay extra for an eco product or a luxury branding?

If you’re going to use the wax that sets hard on the skin you may wish to use a posh brand if that suits your business. You need to consider demand, whether staff will need training (most upmarket brands require you to train to learn the best application techniques or their brand “style”) and the cost, including the cost of ordering a product in small quantities and having to pay for postage.

If you want to keep costs down, it makes sense to buy through your main wholesaler so that you can add wax to your bulk order and save on postage costs. The big wholesalers often do discount days when you can stock up, whereas the Independant wax brands only do deals once or twice a year.

There is no “best” wax, only good service and indifferent service!

Thank you for your informed reply. My client base are more into vegan and eco friendly products. I will have to search around for a good eco friendly products. I will also look into Lycon as few business owners I know have mentioned it. Many thanks once again xx

I use Outback Organics which are very ethical, many of their products are vegan and they are also very knowledgeable about wax pots.

We've used all sort in our salon over the years. During the first lockdown I went through all our treatments and broke them down. So I knew exactly what it cost me for each service and what each product I used cost me. By doing this I realise that by using cheaper products (mainly for our waxing and lash lifts) they were actually costing more money to do as the service took longer to perform and time is the biggest cost, especally with all the extra cleaning between clients now. And we weren't using the cheapest products, Justwax. So we switched to more premium brands (Berodin Wax & Elleebana lash lift) and halved our treatment times, results were great and the products go further. So although it costs a bit more our profits are higher.

Latest posts

Back