Waxing problem areas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanessaB

Reaction score
Need some help please!

I have waxed a lady who had strong hairs from the belly down to the toes. I found it really tricky as Im new to waxing and I felt that I could have done a much better job.

My main problem was that the thigh areas were very wobbly (although she wasn't fat) and I found it difficult to hold the skin taught even with her help. Her hairs were really strong too. The wax was really tough to get off even though I tried to rub it vigorously to keep it warm. I was using a Salon Services wax heater and the temp was fine along with Salon Services Peppermint wax and paper strips.

I would of course like to further my education (Kim Lawless preferably) but its just not feasible at the moment due to funds.

I would really appreciate any tips as I hate doing a bad job Im starting to doubt I can do it at all after this experience. Im sure I will get another client with this as they all come in different shapes and sizes!

TIA xx

Fairly new to waxing myself so I'll be watching this with interest! I dread bookings for a full leg wax for exactly this reason, the thighs are a nightmare. I have problems getting a good stretch and it's the really fine difficult to see hairs that I find a pain - takes ages to make sure I get them all.

Did you use a pre wax oil? If not maybe that's why the wax was difficult to remove.

No I didn't use an oil beforehand, just a pre clean solution.

I use Sallys (mainly for ease as Im fed up with extortionate postage costs) and they have a few after wax oils but not pre.

Im not scared of man handling as it were, but this has really knocked my confidence.

This lady hairs were like pubic hairs but everywhere! I know Ill see this again and its not me being funny about it at all. Just want to do my best!

Last edited:
When it comes to wax you get what you pay for so if your using a cheap wax your going to have a hard time. Invest in better quality products and your job will become easier.

I know it's hard when your starting out BUT you will find things go better with better quality products. I tried cheap wax when I first qualified and didn't do too badly at all but now that I use Perron Rigot waxes I know that my life would have been so much better with the Perron from the start.

Perron Rigot will send you some samples (not of their strip wax though) so give them a ring on 020 7512 0872 and try the better quality products for yourself, I'm sure you will decide the best course of action is to invest :Love:

I'm using Outback Organics at the moment, not that fussed on the strip wax, it doesn't seem very 'spreadable' to me and I'm going thru spatulas like nobody's business! I'm doing speed and intimate training with Kim in January so looking forward to trying PR wax then and hopefully building my speed (and confidence) up.

I hate full leg too but am getting better at it now. I often use hot wax for inner thighs on Kim's advice, especially on larger ladies. Definitely the wax used makes all the difference. I use PR and Outback Organics and I am using OO True Blue strip wax which I like as it's not too sticky. I only use metal spats with strip wax. I've only been waxing for a year since training with Kim but have definitely improved in technique and confidence as times gone on and now waxing is my main thing.

Always pre oil the area first, tissue off any excess oil, ask your client to stretch above the area to be waxed, make sure that you stretch below the area to be waxed, and change your wax strip regularly, dont get to the point where it's loaded up and heavy.
Any waxing oil is absolutely fine, you can use the after waxing oils as a pre wax oil as they are exactly the same.
Hope this helps :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back