Waxing problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bird1977

Reaction score
Hi hmm not sure what is happening but sometimes I find the wax gets sticky like toffee and when i take the strip off some is left behind it's like it's sticking to the skin, do u think it's because the client has dry skin, although the one I just did didn't look particularly dry or could it be the wax ( solutions honey wax) ?

I'm still in training at the moment but I notice that it seems to only happen when I apply the wax thicker than normal and to areas that might be slightly warmer (underarm and bikini) perhaps the geeks can confirm??

x

maybe the wax is a cheap quality??

There could be several reasons for this but its quite common to happen around the shin or foot area. Its a case of the wax maybe not being the right temperature or the skin being colder in that area. Try to find out if this happens at the same areas or always at the beginning when you are waxing which will help to find out what the problem is but you can easily put the strip back on, and take it off or use the strip on another part and then come back to this area and generally it will come off easily then.

Yes it's normally around the ankle and shin area, do u think if i used an oil this would help ? yes I think that's what it is thank you :)

It very much depends on the wax you are using but i always use a drop of the pre wax oil before applying the cream wax and if you get the temperature right it works a treat and you wont have any problems but give me a shout if you need any help

In one of my training classes we used a not so great honey wax with powder. Very cold day, dry knees and ankles, so had similar problems. I was shown to switch to a calico strip and remove in various directions (as opposed to directly against the hair) until wax lifted.

This was extremely frustrating and interestingly enough is not a problem I have had using pre-wax oil and Berodin ease, which is a creme wax

I think it's rubbish wax, want to try berins or peron rigot is it? And yes definitely going to try an oil what is a good one to try ? X

The Jasmine oil that you can buy from Wowfactor, it's the best I have tried.:wink2:

Whichever premium wax you choose, you will be able to purchase an entire system, including pre-wax, post-wax and home care products. X

It cud possibly b the coldness of the skin itself!! I find that to b the main culprit of stickiness hth x

That used to happen to me if i applied wax too thick or didn't get the strip on soon enough. Also, i always powder the areas I'm waxing for more client comfort. I try to use the warmest setting that's comfortable for the wax temp so the wax applies thinly but evenly. Also, i only use paper wax strips, dislike the muslin, it just doesn't work well for me. Hope you get it figured out !

I think it's rubbish wax, want to try berins or peron rigot is it? And yes definitely going to try an oil what is a good one to try ? X

I think what you are basically looking for is the new generation of polymer waxes as they are much more comfortable for the client and easier to work with - as far as i know there is perron rigot, berins and bebeau :biggrin:

Hi I have just finished doing a half leg wax. it took abut 45 minutes to do as the wax was not coming off!! I have been waxing for 8 years now and never had any problems previously. The wax was at the correct temperature, applied evenly and the room was warm, the client did have dry skin but she is a regular and this has never happened before! Occasionally there will be a bit that doesn´t come off but eventually i will go back to it and all is fine.

i put the wax on like normal and the strip stuck to the wax then when I pulled, it came straight off with nothing on the strip! I then changed to fabric strips but still nothing, it was very embarrassing + my client just laughed but i had no idea what to do and just kept moving the strip + rubbing in different directions and eventually finished!!

I have just recently started leaving my wax pot on for a few days at a time and i have noticed that the wax has gone white in the bottom of the pot. Can wax lose its stickiness? or have i just lost the plot lol?

someone help please i can´t go through this again if anything it is bad for business!!

thanks in advance :)

Sounds like you are doing everything right but its hard to recommend or suggest anything without seeing or knowing which waxes you use. Have you tried different waxes to see if this problem is maybe due to the product you are using?

Hi I have just finished doing a half leg wax. it took abut 45 minutes to do as the wax was not coming off!! I have been waxing for 8 years now and never had any problems previously. The wax was at the correct temperature, applied evenly and the room was warm, the client did have dry skin but she is a regular and this has never happened before! Occasionally there will be a bit that doesn´t come off but eventually i will go back to it and all is fine.

i put the wax on like normal and the strip stuck to the wax then when I pulled, it came straight off with nothing on the strip! I then changed to fabric strips but still nothing, it was very embarrassing + my client just laughed but i had no idea what to do and just kept moving the strip + rubbing in different directions and eventually finished!!

I have just recently started leaving my wax pot on for a few days at a time and i have noticed that the wax has gone white in the bottom of the pot. Can wax lose its stickiness? or have i just lost the plot lol?

someone help please i can´t go through this again if anything it is bad for business!!

thanks in advance :)

Could it have been defective strips you used? And then by the time you moved onto to fabric strips, it had been on the skin for too long and that's why it remained difficult to remove?

I'm not sure.. I'm no expert waxer, but I've had this happen to me too and it's an absolute pain! I was taught to dealt with it the way you did - removing in different directions.

Thanks for the replies.

I have been using this particular brand of wax and strips for 6 months with no problems I will try again on myself and see how it goes.

The problem for me is that i tend to buy my products in bulk(therefore i have a large quantity of wax and strips that can not be returned) because the closest supplier to me is over an hrs drive away!

Hopefully it wont happen again. Hard work removing it in all different directions.

Will keep you all updated :)

Latest posts

Back