Waxing Question#1 - how do you get all the hair off in one go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also taught to apply a little talc to the area being waxed before you start. This will help show the direction of hair growth. :)

I was also taught to apply a little talc to the area being waxed before you start. This will help show the direction of hair growth. :)

I think with the tube applicator systems they advise not to do this unfortunately as it clogs the applicator heads, no that the could get more clogged than they are already! Got a full BODY wax tomorrow so I am going to push those strips down firmly and hope that that makes the difference for me. Wish me luck!

you just have to keep firm hold of your inch at the end of the strip, it aint hard!! lol.

and you dont really need to stretch the skin on the lower leg, its taught anyway. and the thighs are big enough to put your wax on one area, and still have enough clean skin to hold.

I've been waxing 6 years and it does have its problems. Did a leg wax today and it had a few problems. Did the rest of my waxing no probs, so it shows you Sass it is leg waxing that I personally think can bring a few problems more than other body areas..

I would suggest don't worry too much, leg waxes sometimes arent the easiest of waxes to do.

If the hair is too long it won't adhere to the wax that well, if it is too short it won't either.

Sometimes the hair grows through at different times so there may be shorter hairs along with the long ones, hence the reason you may have a few short ones that haven't adhered to the wax or something.

Anyway probably covering old ground here lovey. Hth's anyway. xx

Thanks all, I do feel better knowing that you do just get the ocassional client with awkward hair no matter what your experience. I was starting to feel very inadequate and being the perfectionist I am was just needing to see what I could do to get better at it!

over larger areas dont try to be perfect!!!you will be there forever!!!

Bikini, underarm, facial etc it dowsnt take a minute to just whizz over with a pair of tweezers. But legs, ARGH!! i wouldnt bother unless there were really obvious hairs.

=]

Latest posts

Back