Waxing Question#2 - Problems with the Australian Bodycare system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I use the ABC tea tree wax tube system, and I really find it great for a messy waxer like me :green:. However I have the follow problems that I just can't sort out ...

1. The temperature. I find that the thermostat on it a bit silly as it is only the last couple of millimetres that actually gets it to a working temperature or just too darned hot. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you overcome it? I really struggle to get a good working temperature - either it's too hot and runs out all over the place and is too hot for the client, or it is just a littel cool and comes out too thickly and drags on the skin. It is so wonderful when I use it and it glides on as per the DVD but it so rarely happens that it is starting to drive me mad :mad:.

2. When I start with a new applicator it is great and comes out in an even sweep. but when i have to go on to another area I find the applicator nozzle gets blocked and it comes out of only a small part of it as the rest is blocked and in a way that drags on the skin too. I do usually have two tubes on the go per client, so the wax should get back up to temperature but I find maybe it doesn't and this is why it is clogging? Also, I know this is silly of me but I saw on the DVD to wipe the applicator head after each application ... but I forget to do this, so is this where I am going wrong? Again if you have had these problems and overcome them I would be so grateful for any tips.

If you have any other tips you can share with me I would love to hear them as I've been using this for a month now and i am starting to wonder whether it is the right system for me. But I don't want to reinvest when I am sure there is a simple solution.

Thank you

I'm with you on all of the above and will be awaiting answers too!!!

The temp thing is definatly a fault they should change!!!

I have been doing waxing with the ABC System for about 3 weeks now and am having the same problems as Sassy:eek:

The temperature thing is a big problem and I am getting so annoyed with the nozzles clogging so come on waxing geeks please help some struggling geeks:hug:
Before we dont need to be waxed as we will have pulled out all our hair:lol::lol:

Well I don't know if I am glad or not to see that I am not alone in this! I think i may try and contact the distributors and see if they can reply as there is obviously a real knack to using this system! I bought it because so many geeks raved about it and so maybe some of them could let us know where we are getting it wrong.

I would be interested to hear peoples advice on this too, as I have been thinking about purchasing the ABC system, and reading this has put me off!!!:irked:

Don't let us put you off, it is a lovely wax to work with and all my clients comment on the lovely smell! When it goes on as it should it is a dream to work with, it's just it doesn't happen very often so I'd love to know what I am doing wrong and to get the application consistent.

I usually have the temperature on about 3/4 of the way round and find this the perfect working temperature but my heater is over a year old so maybe you guys have a newer model ? BTW I always keep it on the same temperature I very rarely need to adjust it unless I need it heating up quickily.

I do sometimes get the applicator heads clogged up but I have found the best way to avoid this is to place them on top of the heater (inbetween the wax tubes) then put the lid back on until you need to use them. If you are already doing this then not sure what to suggest lol.

I have tried so many wax systems then I just feel in love with the ABC wax as I love the way its applied. Also if you have a PHD heater the ABC wax will fit into it and you can apply the PHD applicators.

Juliette it must be a different heater because if I had mine at 3/4 it would be cold!

I have sent an email to the ABC distributor I used to use in Fareham to see if they can help, will report back if and when I hear anything.

Juliette it must be a different heater because if I had mine at 3/4 it would be cold!

I have sent an email to the ABC distributor I used to use in Fareham to see if they can help, will report back if and when I hear anything.

I think your right then mine is hot even on half way !

The other thing it could be is the wiring, I have found before that my heater occasionally cuts out !! This happened the other day and I was panicking that id only get one leg done then suddenly both lights just flashed back on.

I find when i have it three quarters around it works fine for me,so i dont know if its down to the pqarticular model.

As for the waxing getting clogged i ALWAYS change the head between clients,wipe over with an ABC swipe between th head aswell when im waxing...if you understand what im saying:eek::lol:

I generally use a tube for 3 half legs,sometimes a bit more or less,depending on the hair...and im coming over to Spain to do a workshop in it...hows the weather for October??LOL

I do change heads between clients, but I don't wipe it so I will have to try adn give this a try and see if it helps. October from what I gather is perfect weather - not too hot, and the flights are cheaper!

I believe it's similar to the phd system (am I right on that?) and the Ellisons rep showed me with that, that when you've applied the wax, you close the 'gate' on the applicator head and then wipe it with a wax strip. That removes the old wax that's left on the outside of the applicator head and makes the next application a lot smoother.

I believe it's similar to the phd system (am I right on that?) and the Ellisons rep showed me with that, that when you've applied the wax, you close the 'gate' on the applicator head and then wipe it with a wax strip. That removes the old wax that's left on the outside of the applicator head and makes the next application a lot smoother.

The heads are different on the ABC system as there isn't a gate.

I bought mine at Excel and the lady said she turned it right up to full which made the wax too hot, so she would take the tube out as she was prepping the skin and the temp would be okay. I've tried this and it's still not right!

The thermostat gauge on mine - and it seems it must be a new model - is very odd. For example - turn it up on full and of course it's too hot, if you turn it down to where the marker starts just after full on - which is probably less than 5 mm - then it is too cold. So the right temp is somewhere in that 5 mm, and you only have to get it 1mm out and it's way too hot or way too cool. That is why we that have the new style heater are struggling. i just want to take it out of the heater and it be the right temp - not faff about waiting for it to cool ... I need to wax and go!

The ABC and PhD system work on the same principle and I just cant get along with it.

I used to have the PhD system and got so fed up with it for all the same reasons as mentioned, that I got rid of it.

Now I'm back with the good old P & S system and very happy.

Marlise

Sass, I think you need to get in touch with the company and explain your problem to them. It sounds to me like a fault in your equipment. It surely shouldn't be that difficult to get the right temperature without it going from one extreme to the other.

Sass, I think you need to get in touch with the company and explain your problem to them. It sounds to me like a fault in your equipment. It surely shouldn't be that difficult to get the right temperature without it going from one extreme to the other.

I have sent an email, jsut waiting to hear back. Does anyone know if they have a Head Office here, as I just contacted one of the distributors?

Latest posts

Back