Waxing Question#4 - Effective strip removal on bikini waxes and stretching skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
As a novice waxer I am still quite nervous of bikini waxing - ie bruising or ripping off the skin, don't think i have done any yet. But I am always a little tentative when it comes to that finally ripping off the strip! Anyway I work on the left hand side of the bed with the client's head at the top (if that makes sense). i am right handed and find that I prefer to pull the strip off with my right hand. So when i do the left hand side of the bikini area I really have no problems. but when i do the other side I just don;t seem to get the way i stretch the skin right and the pulling of the strip so sometimes the strip sticks as you pull it which obviously is not a pleasant experience for the client. myabe without realising I am pulling up rather than back - I'm not sure?

So has anyone any tips on where they place their hands both with the stretch and strip ( if that is the right expression :eek:). Pictures would be perfect as I have tried several different ways and can't find a way that I really find the best - this is more so with clients that have a lot of hair and so I need to cover a larger area, and may have a line of wax that needs two seperate parts to be stripped ie from inner bikini out towards thigh, and then again from where that part finished and again even further out towards the thigh. or would I be better maybe to do two sets of waxing application? One to cover the inner are and one to cover the outer?

I so hope I have explained that okay, if not I'll have another go! Again any advice would be very welcomed thank you!

I would use Peron Rigot hot wax on bikini areas. The results are amazing and you'll find it a pleasure to work with. No bruising or pain and no ingrown hairs.

Doh, okay! So where do I get this from and will i need more training to use it? Do you find it easier than the strip method, or just totally different and more effective?

Perron Rigot is fab for bikinis and underarms. If you need info on it ask Axiom, he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about it! :lol: It's distributed in the UK by Thalgo.
I did a Brazilian with it the other day (my first one with my new PR hot wax) and I found it SO much better at removing the hair.

Having said that, it's better if you're struggling with bikini waxes to do smaller areas at a time, then the wax is less likely to drag on the skin. I do the sides on the front first, then work inwards, then do the 'underneath' bits as far in as they want to go. Try not to let the wax get too thick on the strip as this will make it drag as well. Get the client to help you with stretching the skin, if necessary take their hand and put it where you want them to stretch. If they stretch up and you are stretching down to remove the strip, it should come away a lot easier.

Hth's. Good luck!!!

I do the sides on the front first, then work inwards, then do the 'underneath' bits as far in as they want to go. Try not to let the wax get too thick on the strip as this will make it drag as well.

Excellent advice I will defo do this, I think i do let it get too thick on the strip too so will change more often. thank you thank you. (I always client to help with the stretch!)

Dare i say...Perron Rigot....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh Sassy screams:lol::eek::lol::eek::lol:

I agree with Rouge and do it this way though....i love it when clients perch thier leg on my shoulder....or as i say..."remember when you had a baby,this is not dignified....so open your legs wide...":eek::eek::green:

I have no idea why but I find it much easier if I remove using smaller strips:eek:

I cut them in half lengthways and then half again giving 4 thin rectangles.

hth's

I have no idea why but I find it much easier if I remove using smaller strips:eek:

I cut them in half lengthways and then half again giving 4 thin rectangles.

hth's

Ooh I'll give this a try and see how I get on, cheers me dears

(I also think another purchase is coming on soon with this Reggie Perrin wax stuff :green:!!!)

(I also think another purchase is coming on soon with this Reggie Perrin wax stuff :green:!!!)
Who the #### is Reggie perrin...LMAO:eek::eek::lol:

I always use hot wax for bikini, underarm & facial waxing. I use Lycon chocolate wax & love it.

I always want to call it Pinot Grigiot. One track mind, I think.....

I use warm wax quite effectively. Here's my little tips:

Make sure hairs aren't too long or it will end very messy and painful for the client. Try and get them to pull the area being waxed, so the top of the bikini away from wax and the wax strip of course.
This makes the skin taught and may help you when you are worried about the side that causes problems. Have you tried getting them to put their leg in a figure of four ie. so they put their knee to up and out to the side of the knee, again helping you stretch the skin and making your job a bit easier. Talc helps with bikini waxing. Confidence in waxing takes time to build. Finally believe in yourself that you can do it and it will take some of your worry away.

I've never had a problem with bikini waxing really compared to legs for example.

hths

I find that I actually get the right side of the client's bikini line alot better. I stand on the left side like you too.

It is all about confidence and what actually works for you. Try different ways, see whats the most efficient and quickest.

Hot wax is great, but the 'flicking it off' isnt to me!:)

Where's Katelisa, she's a super duper waxer!

I do the sides on the front first, then work inwards, then do the 'underneath' bits as far in as they want to go. Try not to let the wax get too thick on the strip as this will make it drag as well.

Had a lady in for a full body wax yesterday and I did the bikini line in exactly this way and it worked perfectly! Thank you so very much!

Had a lady in for a full body wax yesterday and I did the bikini line in exactly this way and it worked perfectly! Thank you so very much!

How did the rest of the body go then Sass?

Did 3 toes to top waxings today and I am knackered. :lol:

Really well thanks Theresa. More than anything I tried to relax and enjoy it and not worry so much about how long it took. Had a couple of problems because the hair was quite short on the bikini and underarm so had a bit of tweezing, but with rubbing down more firmly on the strip as advised in one of my other threads I really felt like I was winning the battle. Amazing how something so simple can change everything. I know I was taught to do all this too ... it's amazing how much you forget though when you leave the classroom. I LOVE THIS SITE :Grope:!!!

Really well thanks Theresa. More than anything I tried to relax and enjoy it and not worry so much about how long it took. Had a couple of problems because the hair was quite short on the bikini and underarm so had a bit of tweezing, but with rubbing down more firmly on the strip as advised in one of my other threads I really felt like I was winning the battle. Amazing how something so simple can change everything. I know I was taught to do all this too ... it's amazing how much you forget though when you leave the classroom. I LOVE THIS SITE :Grope:!!!

Well done Sass.

I have found that when you squeeze them in they seem to take for ever and you always seem to have problems. The ones where you are pressured for time just seem to take longer then the ones where you are not clock watching that actually are quicker.

I always find that I need to tweezer less on the really hairy ones than those who are not so hairy.

My timings are about the same as you too.

You're welcome. I'm just glad it helped!

Latest posts

Back