Waxing reaction - did I do the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noreenoconnor

CND Education Ambassador Cork
Reaction score
Did a half leg wax today , did the front of them and noticed nothing out of the ordinary , turned her over did the backs of legs and noticed nothing either but when she turned back around at the end if the treatment her knees were very red and hot and she had what looked like nettle stings all over them , she said this happens every now and again but had not happened in over a year so she didn't think to mention it , she said it only occurrs on her knees but never as bad as today :(

In her consultation she said she had a mild allergy to nuts and some times has a heat reaction but only in summer

It did look like a heat rash so I cooled the area with cold damp towels for 20 mins and it did seem to take it down and advised her to take an anti histamine when she went home .

Was I wrong to wax her knowing she sometimes has a reaction to heat ?

Did I treat the reaction the right way ?

What could I have done differently?

I feel AWFUL :(

I always recommend for clients that get this kind of reaction to take antihistamine (provided they are able to take it) often for men when they have the chest and abs wax these areas can react quite strongly and the antihistamine for a few days makes a huge difference and settles the skin really quickly and works the same from most other body parts.

I also find a little aloe vera , witch hazel, or any of the sterex creams generally really helped to settle the skin quite quickly as well.

Jack

I agree with Jack, some clients do react this way and, like your client, some react this way only sometimes.

I think you reacted well and if the client had mentioned this reaction during the consultation it may have been less of a shock for you. :wink2:

Definitely did the right thing. This happened to me when I waxed my best friends daughters arms. It just looks so shocking. The next time she came she took an anti histamine before and they were fine.

As she has said - this happens sometimes!!! Next time you are forewarned, and will just have that bit of awareness, so it's not quite so shocking!

could this be Perifollicular Edema:
a mild swelling of the hair follicle x

Quick update : client called me today to reassure me all was well , skin is perfect today :) thank god !

Thank you very much to all that replied I was sick with worry but you really put my mind at ease :)

It's perfectly normal. Glad your client has put your mind at rest.

Latest posts

Back