Waxing revision

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink Pink Pink

Reaction score
I have my waxing exam tomorrow and one of my revision questions is "Name the chemical which the structure of the hair is made up of" I was going to say Keratin but that is a protein, not a chemical and is the structure of the hair different to the hair itself? Am I looking too far into this or is it simply Keratin?

Oh, and it also says "desribe the hair growth cycle" - am I just talking about anagen, catagen, telogen here or is it summit else? Just because another q is "explain the stages of hair growth" Aagh!!!

I am a hairdresser not a beauty thereapist however,yes the hair growth cycle is anongen,catogen,telogen.

In regards to the chemical,hair (i can only comment on the head) is not made of any chemicals,however it is formed by keratinised cells,hth a bit and good luck x

The stages of hair growth

anogen,formation of cells

Catogen growing

Telogen,in it's resting state x

I have my waxing exam tomorrow and one of my revision questions is "Name the chemical which the structure of the hair is made up of" I was going to say Keratin but that is a protein, not a chemical and is the structure of the hair different to the hair itself? Am I looking too far into this or is it simply Keratin?

Sounds like Keratin to me. Some of the college questions could be worded ambiguously.

They could be referring to keratin as a chemical, or they might mean cysteine, which is an amino acid.

hth

Cystine is a bond,not a chemical x

Cysteine acts as a a bond in human hair (and sheep!) but it is still an amino acid, as far as I am aware!

Getting a bit confused as to what might be classed as a chemical now, cysteine contains sulphur, so could it be classed as a chemical compound?

Getting a bit confused as to what might be classed as a chemical now, cysteine contains sulphur, so could it be classed as a chemical compound?

When you put it that way ,quite possible.

It seems their definition of a chemical is different to ours x

Latest posts

Back