Waxing, right temperature?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie0444

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just finished a brow course and I’m very new and not done nay brows except mine and my partner.
I’ve waxed my brow ( went sore and is now scaling ) and waxed my boyfriends brow and his was red for a bit.

I’m not sure if I am getting the right temperature or I’m not stripping the wax off properly?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Christine

Hi Chrissie0444
Can I ask where you did your course & if you think it was any good?
I’m in Brighton and looking to do a brow course.
Thanks you x

The area might go a bit blush but shouldnt got red or sore.....
Are you using soft (strip wax) or hard (non strip) wax?
Has the area been waxed before or is it the first time?

The area might go a bit blush but shouldnt got red or sore.....
Are you using soft (strip wax) or hard (non strip) wax?
Has the area been waxed before or is it the first time?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am using warm wax with paper strips as that was what I was taught. Im
Not sure what the after care is as I still have received my paper work through yet. Mine and my partners first time wax so I thought maybe that’s why it has gone a bit crusty and peeling x

i personally prefer the hard (non strip) wax for brows and facial waxing (unless you are doing precision brows) but it could also have something to do with the wax you are using, the temperature or you are maybe not applying enough pressure you apply or not stretching the skin enough when you remove? x

Are you checking the temperature first on yours and your clients wrist? It should be warm and runny but not too hot. Also you will need to apply an after wax lotion and don't touch the area or apply any other products for at least 12 hours. Also make sure you avoid direct sunlight or any other heat sources as this can cause burning. You should have covered all of this on your course so apologies if you have, but from the sound of it, you haven't yet. X

I also wanted to add, where it is sore have you gone over the area more than twice?

Aftercare is a must. Did you not get any in your kit?

Hi Chrissie0444
Can I ask where you did your course & if you think it was any good?
I’m in Brighton and looking to do a brow course.
Thanks you x

Hey the course was really good and interesting! I enjoyed it quite a bit thanks x

i personally prefer the hard (non strip) wax for brows and facial waxing (unless you are doing precision brows) but it could also have something to do with the wax you are using, the temperature or you are maybe not applying enough pressure you apply or not stretching the skin enough when you remove? x

Hey,

I am doing the precise brows with the tint and shaping etc..

Thanks

Are you checking the temperature first on yours and your clients wrist? It should be warm and runny but not too hot. Also you will need to apply an after wax lotion and don't touch the area or apply any other products for at least 12 hours. Also make sure you avoid direct sunlight or any other heat sources as this can cause burning. You should have covered all of this on your course so apologies if you have, but from the sound of it, you haven't yet. X

Fab thank you!

I always test my wrist first and then put on eyebrow and ask if temp ok.

I feel like waxing can be quite hard and people might get funny if they are red etc.. is this normal for most people if they get a big dry after waxing? As myself and my partner went dry and peeled like i do in the sun?

Thanks

I also wanted to add, where it is sore have you gone over the area more than twice?

Aftercare is a must. Did you not get any in your kit?

On myself I went over twice my partner no. He was just sore a little under the eye for couple of days but said nothing major. I am just worried doing it on clients as I feel like waxing is very tricky

I'm not sure about the dryness or peeling but yes the redness is totally normal and you may even have some people that go very very red, bleed, get spots or even bumps a bit like blisters but this is all totally normal. If your wax isn't too hot and you pulling the strips against the growth, stretching the skin and using the lotion ect don't worry about it.

I'm not sure about the dryness or peeling but yes the redness is totally normal and you may even have some people that go very very red, bleed, get spots or even bumps a bit like blisters but this is all totally normal. If your wax isn't too hot and you pulling the strips against the growth, stretching the skin and using the lotion ect don't worry about it.

Ah okay no worries just feel like people who haven’t had waxing done don’t know all this and I havent received my email pack after I don’t my course last week and feel like I have forgotten everything lol

Did you go out in the sun after waxing? Even if just out and about in this heat, using strip wax can take a layer of skin with it, exposing new skin that may be more susceptible to the sun and thus causing the damage. Just a thought.

Hey,

I am doing the precise brows with the tint and shaping etc..

Thanks
If you are doing precision brows it is only such a very thin line you would be waxing it shouldnt be peeling or causing any issues

Latest posts

Back