Waxing-rubbish results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychick

Reaction score
I've been persevering with waxing my legs for the past 5 months. And I'm so disappointed.
I've tried 3 different salons and every time i get home and notice not a few but literally loads of hair that has been missed (so I need to use wax strips to get rid of the rest myself)
Is that normal? Am I expecting too much?
I understand a few might be missed but I'm literally finding hair all the time which is long enough to wax but hasn't been.

I previously suffered with shaving rash & ingrown hairs when I shave so thought if I stick with waxing it will get better but it hasn't.
I've been using the 'bit of rough cloth' every other day as I've heard you can exfoliate too much which will have the opposite effect.
Also using a light moisturiser after showering.
But I end up with little black dots, which if I squeeze a little bit a sort of little tiny dot of hair will come out?
I'm trying not to shave but it's really getting me down as I'm paying all this money on waxing and it's getting me nowhere.
Can anyone shed some light on my situation?
Any help would be appreciated.
x

Are there any Kim Lawless trained therapists where you are? I did her training last Tuesday, and it was good! There shouldn't be that much hair left after waxing, that you would need to wax again yourself.

Are there any Kim Lawless trained therapists where you are? I did her training last Tuesday, and it was good! There shouldn't be that much hair left after waxing, that you would need to wax again yourself.

Thanks for your reply :)
I got waxed on Saturday just gone and I can't wear a skirt/dress as they look like they need doing again. :(

I tried to book in with kim herself a couple of times but she is booked so far in advance. (Obviously, as I've heard such amazing things about her)
I tried to find someone local trained by Kim but the only lady I found no longer does waxing/beauty anymore :(
If anyone is near me then please give me a shout! Lol
x

Thanks for your reply :)
I got waxed on Saturday just gone and I can't wear a skirt/dress as they look like they need doing again. :(

I tried to book in with kim herself a couple of times but she is booked so far in advance. (Obviously, as I've heard such amazing things about her)
I tried to find someone local trained by Kim but the only lady I found no longer does waxing/beauty anymore :(
If anyone is near me then please give me a shout! Lol
x

Oh, what a shame. I've not been waxing for very long but I wouldn't have thought that you should see hair after a week.

If you contact Kim or Caroline (details on her website I believe) they can tell you if anyone in your area has done her training.

Otherwise, there is obviously a gap in the market where you are for a good waxer, so bite the bullet and do her training!

How many waxes have you had so far and how many weeks apart do you get them done?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

How many waxes have you had so far and how many weeks apart do you get them done?

Since April, I go every 4 to 5 weeks. So I've been waxed about 5 or 6 times I think x

If they have left enough hair to wax yourself you really should have gone back and shown them.

If you have done it yourself, you could snap the hairs which will only continue this problem of them growing back at different speeds.

Every four weeks is recommended. I did have to do my own every 3 weeks in summer. And your right after a good few sessions your hair growth should all be in time (but this may not be due to doing it yourself too).

Waxing looks good but still feels a little bit spiky the first few times, after 2 weeks my legs still look ok (just don't touch ;)) but the third week looks like Ive not shaved for a week.

It will also depend on your hair colour how noticeable regrowth is. Mine is fine and blonde whilst they are short, when they get a bit longer they look light brown. Id imagine if they were darker it would be noticeable quicker.

Id look for therapists using a good quality wax, Berodin, PR, or Lycon.

Xx

Xx

If they have left enough hair to wax yourself you really should have gone back and shown them.

If you have done it yourself, you could snap the hairs which will only continue this problem of them growing back at different speeds.

Every four weeks is recommended. I did have to do my own every 3 weeks in summer. And your right after a good few sessions your hair growth should all be in time (but this may not be due to doing it yourself too).

Waxing looks good but still feels a little bit spiky the first few times, after 2 weeks my legs still look ok (just don't touch ;)) but the third week looks like Ive not shaved for a week.

It will also depend on your hair colour how noticeable regrowth is. Mine is fine and blonde whilst they are short, when they get a bit longer they look light brown. Id imagine if they were darker it would be noticeable quicker.

Id look for therapists using a good quality wax, Berodin, PR, or Lycon.

Xx

Xx

I've not snapped the ones I've waxed. I only know because they are the only smooth parts on me 😄
But the girl who did it the past 2 times has snapped lots of the hair on my thigh.
This probably sounds stupid but my thigh feels really rough, and when I get cold it hurts. Like the hair is trying to get through but can't.
Not sure wether it's me and I should just give up with it altogether. x

You need to find a new waxer then, & if the parts you waxed are smooth but the other areas aren't, it has disrupted the growth cycle which means uneven regrowth which means they wont be completely smooth.

If you find a new therapist, look for the good quality products hopefully if they invest in those they invest in decent training.

To use Lycon you have to train with them so hopefully it should be the person who has trained waxing you.

And if you are unhappy at the time of the wax you should always go back, to let them rectify it, or see what their employees are doing wrong.

From college I was not at all confident in waxing, too large of a group to train at 17-18 years old, I probably wasnt that interested either. I was 'qualified' bizarre! But as I wasn't confident I didn't offer it as a treatment. Ive since done a 1-2-1 course and invested in good quality wax and it is now one of my favourite services.

If she is snapping hairs, her technique needs improving. So my advice, don't give up on the waxing yet, but shop around for a new therapist and a good quality wax.

Good luck xx

You need to find a new waxer then, & if the parts you waxed are smooth but the other areas aren't, it has disrupted the growth cycle which means uneven regrowth which means they wont be completely smooth.

If you find a new therapist, look for the good quality products hopefully if they invest in those they invest in decent training.

To use Lycon you have to train with them so hopefully it should be the person who has trained waxing you.

And if you are unhappy at the time of the wax you should always go back, to let them rectify it, or see what their employees are doing wrong.

From college I was not at all confident in waxing, too large of a group to train at 17-18 years old, I probably wasnt that interested either. I was 'qualified' bizarre! But as I wasn't confident I didn't offer it as a treatment. Ive since done a 1-2-1 course and invested in good quality wax and it is now one of my favourite services.

If she is snapping hairs, her technique needs improving. So my advice, don't give up on the waxing yet, but shop around for a new therapist and a good quality wax.

Good luck xx

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it.
The salons I've been to are always really busy and the one I went to most recently basically was moaning at me because my hair is thick which unfortunately is something I'm unable to control. I felt so bad about myself that I didn't want to go back there and be embarrassed any further.

So the search continues lol.

If anyone is near Dagenham/Romford/ Hornchurch than drop me a message :) xx

The salons I've been to are always really busy and the one I went to most recently basically was moaning at me because my hair is thick which unfortunately is something I'm unable to control. I felt so bad about myself that I didn't want to go back there and be embarrassed any further.

That's a terrible way to treat a client.

Post this on the skin forum. I don't think many people look in here.

Keep at it with the waxing! You've obviously come across some therapists that either aren't well trained or don't care about the treatments they're offering.

When you're in the room once they're done make sure you check over and have a feel with your bare hands to see if you can feel any stray hairs they may have missed (sometimes bad lighting causes this) and then after a shower the following day, check again.

Id go back if you can still see/feel big patches to get it rectified, but then I probably wouldn't return to the salon again in the future.

And keep at the waxing because once you find a good waxer, the results are great! Good luck x

Please don't be embarrassed about having thick hair growth... Jeez you are paying her wages!

NSS are usually busy, that doesn't mean they are doing things properly.

Im no where near you but I'm mobile, see if there are any mobile therapists near you, yell.com is a good place to start. And ask what wax they use, it really does make waxing easier on both sides.

Xx

There used to be a treatment swap thread or forum. Is that still going?

Maybe one of the mods will know.

I still think your best bet is to contact Kim Lawless. I know she will help.

Worth mentioning... I live in Brentwood. I'm already beauty qualified and am doing Kim Lawless training this year. Intimate waxing in September, then all going well her other courses after that. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you right now but if you're still struggling with this in a couple of months time please feel free to drop me a line x

Stick with it. Usually i find clients that havent been waxing long but shaving and using cream hair can do this. Also with the little black dots and hair coming out that is all to do with the stage of the cycle the hair is in. Keep up with every 4-6 weeks. Keep the skin exfoliated and moisturised. Its quite common that a bit of stubble can be felt when cold...especially if your hair is quite thick and strong and not all hairs were in the same stage. However if you are waxing long hairs and areas that have been missed then that is down to the therapist being lazy and not checking properly. As for moaning about how much hair you have well it is her job to wax hair however how much or little! Try somewhere else keep up with it and maintain the skin prep. I am based in walthamstow prob a bit far but we have a strong waxing following because we love hairy bits and never judge!

Worth mentioning... I live in Brentwood. I'm already beauty qualified and am doing Kim Lawless training this year. Intimate waxing in September, then all going well her other courses after that. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you right now but if you're still struggling with this in a couple of months time please feel free to drop me a line x

Lucky you! I stayed there when I did Kim's course last week. It's lovely. Hope you enjoy the course, I did.

Would you be willing to travel a bit cheekychick? I'm near waterloo so we could potentially do a treatment swap..? Message me if you fancy it! X

Thanks for your help ladies :) xx

Hi, ive just contacted kim lawless for training, as want to do it, was it good? Im not very good at hvng waxing done and im dreading it,did anyone take a model?

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back