Waxing schedule stress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katielouu

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I used to regularly wax myself (Brazilian, legs, armpits) every 4 weeks, but I noticed I could never get in to a good hair growth pattern, particularly with the Brazillian. I would notice sufficient hair growth at the correct length to wax, yet there were patches that would be completely bare at the same point (week 4). Regrowth began relatively quickly after waxing too so I ended up spending more time with hair than without.

I may also have been incorrectly (?) waiting for those bare areas to grow in to wax it all together, taking me over the 4 week mark so that may be my issue.
All of this made me give up waxing for over a year.

So my questions are:
1. Should I have waited for the bare areas to grow in before waxing or not?
2. As my hair grows very quickly, how long should I leave inbetween waxing? Should I adopt a 3 week waxing schedule instead?
3. How long after my last shave should I leave it before my first wax as 1/4 inch is reached within a week when shaving.

I really want to start out right this time to get the full benefits of waxing.

Thank you so much to everyone for reading this, I feel like I'm at my wit's end with it all.

Katie

As hair growth depends on the gradual change in growth pattern to become sucessful it will take you about 4 waxing sessions to be more in control.

Different parts of the body have very different growth cycles too.

If I were you , starting afresh with quite good hair growth this is what i would do. Leave perhaps 10 days growth to start waxing but that won't be the same in all the areas of your body.

Underarms/eyebrows every 3 weeks
Legs - every 4 but stretching to 5 - maybe be tricky but better.
Brazillian - every 6 and possibly 7/8 weeks after a few wax sessions.

I know it's a pain doing it all in different sessions, but I believe that to be your best start.
You know your body, but do look into the hair growth cycle so that you fully understand ths stages of growth and then it may help you to treat the areas differently.

Once you have established a good routine you will be able to do all of the areas at the same time.

Bald patches will come - usually on the shin area first but that won't be for a few years of regular waxing. My legs are completely bald - and have been for 20 years . I get about 3 hairs under my arms and virtually nothing on the bikini area. It does work ...truly.
Hope that helps.
Rosie

Hi everyone,

I used to regularly wax myself (Brazilian, legs, armpits) every 4 weeks, but I noticed I could never get in to a good hair growth pattern, particularly with the Brazillian. I would notice sufficient hair growth at the correct length to wax, yet there were patches that would be completely bare at the same point (week 4). Regrowth began relatively quickly after waxing too so I ended up spending more time with hair than without.

I may also have been incorrectly (?) waiting for those bare areas to grow in to wax it all together, taking me over the 4 week mark so that may be my issue.
All of this made me give up waxing for over a year.

So my questions are:
1. Should I have waited for the bare areas to grow in before waxing or not?
2. As my hair grows very quickly, how long should I leave inbetween waxing? Should I adopt a 3 week waxing schedule instead?
3. How long after my last shave should I leave it before my first wax as 1/4 inch is reached within a week when shaving.

I really want to start out right this time to get the full benefits of waxing.

Thank you so much to everyone for reading this, I feel like I'm at my wit's end with it all.

Katie

I put most clients on a 3 and 6 week schedule. Underarms very quickly get sparser but also in summer there’s no need to grow them for longer, so they can be done more often.

So underarms every 3 weeks, so on the 6th week you would do legs, bikini and underarms. 6 weeks is much better for bikini areas I’ve found so the routine works well.

Latest posts

Back