Waxing-Searched through previous threads but can't seem to find the right answer :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashesbeauty

Reaction score
I'm about to embrak on a waxing course. I am already mobile based and I'm looking to expand my skills. I use Salon Geek almost every day to search for things, by far my most valuable learning tool. Although I can't seem to find a straight answer!

As I will be mobile based, would a roller wax system be best to use? Most people seem to recommend the traditional round wax heater. Obviosuly I want to give the best quality service to my clients but practicality would also be an issue. Can any therapist recommend which is best to use?

Thanks!

I do like the clean and easy roller wax spa, yould get less spillages with that if you are mobile!

it does work out expensive though, having to replace the roller heads all the time, for hygeine is a must.

you could also get a small pot wax, just done over fill it as it will slpo when you are on the move
hth

I am a salon therepist and highly recommend the roller wax cartridge system.

I use salon systems three cartridge waxing unit but this has been withdawn and they now only do single units (for mobile funnily enough). I also use the salon systems cartridge wax.

I would say you need two units so one is always in use and one is always ready and waiting.

I would not be without mine for large areas - legs arms backs etc.

It delivers the correct amount of wax to the skin, at the correct temperature. Easy to keep clean just wipe the cartridge head and unit with Seraclean.

The mobile problem is keeping wax warm whilst on the move.

For the second time in a thread I must say I cannot remember the name of the geek who has previously mentioned a method of plugging the unit into the cigarette lighter .. I think it might be BAGGYBEAR.

I know there are threads about keeping wax warm whilst in transit.

I hope this helps you make a decision.

Jacqui xx

Thank you for your advice! Really appreciated :)

PhD safewax. I love mine! All housed in one compact unit and completely contamination free :)

I am a salon therepist and highly recommend the roller wax cartridge system.

I use salon systems three cartridge waxing unit but this has been withdawn and they now only do single units (for mobile funnily enough). I also use the salon systems cartridge wax.

I would say you need two units so one is always in use and one is always ready and waiting.

I would not be without mine for large areas - legs arms backs etc.

It delivers the correct amount of wax to the skin, at the correct temperature. Easy to keep clean just wipe the cartridge head and unit with Seraclean.

The mobile problem is keeping wax warm whilst on the move.

For the second time in a thread I must say I cannot remember the name of the geek who has previously mentioned a method of plugging the unit into the cigarette lighter .. I think it might be BAGGYBEAR.

I know there are threads about keeping wax warm whilst in transit.

I hope this helps you make a decision.

Jacqui xx

Hello,

Sorry to jump on...

I really want to get a roller wax cartridge system however, I used one in college and it was wonderful (don't know make) but since I used 1 in a salon I did a bit of work in (Hive) and it was awful... The wax dragged skin, the head got all clogged and I couldn't get it off! It was all stuck and jammed and a nightmare. Put me off a bit but I like the look of PHD Safewax from the health and safety aspect. Just terrified to end up in a clogged-up sticky mess of wax again... HALP! X

Hello,

Sorry to jump on...

I really want to get a roller wax cartridge system however, I used one in college and it was wonderful (don't know make) but since I used 1 in a salon I did a bit of work in (Hive) and it was awful... The wax dragged skin, the head got all clogged and I couldn't get it off! It was all stuck and jammed and a nightmare. Put me off a bit but I like the look of PHD Safewax from the health and safety aspect. Just terrified to end up in a clogged-up sticky mess of wax again... HALP! X
I've used salon systems unit since I first started 10 years ago and have never had a single problem.

Dragging indicates to me that the wax isn't warm enough .. my unit does not have a temperature control it is fixed.

All my wax pots and this wax unit are on timers so they come on at 7.00am and go off at 8.00pm.

All three cartridges are ready to be used at any time throughout the day. I use the first one, remove the cartridge when empty and put in another one then move the other two cartridges up into first and second position.

The cartridge head is fixed and after each use I wipe the head clean, wipe the holder unit over, put the lid back on and replace in holster.

I have never looked at any other cartridge system so can't envisage what might be happening - I'll have to do a Google search so I can visualise.

Jacqui xx

PhD has a similar method. You keep 2 tubes in the back and then when you're working one of these tubes sits in the 'booster chamber' at the front.

When that tube comes to an end you add another one at the back but move them along one IYKWIM, bit hard to describe.

I did get dragging problems when I first had a play, but after attending the training and asking lots of questions I love it! When I go back to do my advanced waxing it will be with PhD too x

Latest posts

Back