waxing thin skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli bongo

Reaction score
Please could someone out there advise me. A client of mine said her friend wants to come to me for waxing but she said she has thin skin. My client said her friend has had waxing done in the past but that she has been ill and the meds she was on changed her skin.
I have not come across this before so not sure what to do. I use warm wax. Can I do waxing on her or is it not a good idea :confused:

Steroid cream can cause the skin to thin so make sure that you find out what medication that they are on as you would need to get them to check with there gp before you go ahead and wax them.

I would speak to them before they actually come in for their appointment to avoid dissapointment.

I wouldn't wax her unless she has a letter from her doc. xxx

Defo get doctors note just to cover your own back as if u didnt your insurance will be void x

same as above. docs letter or nada in the way of treatment.

you have to cover yourself.

I say take a look at her skin yourself and use common sense. Work within your comfort zone. If you use plenty of oil and take care to make sure the skin is pulled tight, it really shouldn't be a problem. If you are unsure after looking at her skin... don't do it.

Thanks for the advise everyone :) I think I will get her to ask her doc and get a note from him. Last thing I want to do is rip her skin off that would be awful.

Latest posts

Back