Waxing virgin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
I've never waxed before and I really want it all off downstairs!
But I'm scareddddddd! I'm not sure I want someone seeing my bits all out in th open! The pain!!! And I don't want to go to any willy nilly local salon incase they don't do a lot of waxes n arnt experienced! :o

Help geeks! Lol give me courage! Haha

I've had it done many times. it's really not as bad as you amp it up to be :)
The worst part (for me anyway) was the top part...the lower bits were no where near what I thought it would be the first time....and each time you have it done it gets easier and easier. You don't have to worry about your bits being out all willy nilly...a professional won't see it that way. Only bit of advise for your first time just go to a place that specializes in intamite waxing....and follow the aftercare adivce!
Good luck! :)

Hey I do hollywoods, once you have it done you'll always want it done, I'm not going to lie it hurts a little but as long as the skin is stretched it should be fine, it's miles better than shaving too it won't grow back for like 4 weeks :) be brave and take the plunge.xx

I used to go have it done at a local salon, but then realized, I could just do it myself! I went to my local supplier and bought everything I needed. That was 6 years ago. Yes, it smarts, but I no longer need to worry about a stranger seeing my ill bits. I wax every 4 weeks. I usually take a couple ibuprofen about a hour before, and that really helps with pain. I also use a numbing spray by Gigi that helps with pain too. I've figured out some creative ways to get everything from front to back. As long as the hair you're waxing is short and you hold your skin taut, that will reduce discomfort. I'm really excited for the next time I wax because I just purchased a laser hair removal system that is supposed to keep hair growth at bay for 6 months after 3 treatments...yay!

I used to go have it done at a local salon, but then realized, I could just do it myself! I went to my local supplier and bought everything I needed. That was 6 years ago. Yes, it smarts, but I no longer need to worry about a stranger seeing my ill bits. I wax every 4 weeks. I usually take a couple ibuprofen about a hour before, and that really helps with pain. I also use a numbing spray by Gigi that helps with pain too. I've figured out some creative ways to get everything from front to back. As long as the hair you're waxing is short and you hold your skin taut, that will reduce discomfort. I'm really excited for the next time I wax because I just purchased a laser hair removal system that is supposed to keep hair growth at bay for 6 months after 3 treatments...yay!
ouch I could never wax my bikini myself haha hat off to you! X

I'm doing the waxing unit at college next year. I've decided that (as a wax virgin myself) that I'd feel more comfortable having a Hollywood done beforehand.

I'm doing the waxing unit at college next year. I've decided that (as a wax virgin myself) that I'd feel more comfortable having a Hollywood done beforehand.
yes that's a good idea :) just so you know what's coming because obviously you will all be practicing on each other! X

I'll search for someone near by who is reputable. My local NSS have started offering waxing - including intimate!

I'll search for someone near who is reputable. My local NSS have started offering waxing - including intimate!

yes you should go to someone who has had the training for intimate waxing! You'll be fine :) x

pinkknailss, I'm feeling the same!

Desperately want to get waxed (full leg and hollywood) but am such a wuss and am actually bricking it haha!

I did contact a girl a few months ago but never had the guts to book the appointment... shame on me!

Is the pain much the same as epilation? Cos jeeeeeze does that kill.

xx

Are you talking about epilation with the needle? Or just epilation with the shaver thing? X

I'm talking epilation with that loud, whirring torture machine made by Braun and such likes :wink2: xx

I have had it done many times. It's a little sore to start off but you get use to it, i feel so much better with it done.

I remember the first time I got it done, was at the school picking up the kids, it's was a windy day! I was freezing down there!! Hehe

xxx

You'll be fine it doesn't hurt more than epilation! More hair is removed in one go too with waxing!! Be brave and try it, it hurts some people more than others so you might be one of the lucky ones :) x

Latest posts

Back