Waxing Vs Spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couper

Reaction score
I am looking to add to my list of treatments. I am thinking of either waxing or tanning. I am currently mobile and offer OPI natural nail treatments and Bio Sculpture enhancements.
I can only afford one other treatment at the moment so which one is the best to go for?

Which one is more profitable in your expierence?

If I went for tanning I would like to use the Tantrick product, not sure what would be best for waxing. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance x

I love waxing x

Hiya

Personally I prefer tanning, and have just done my Tantrick training. Waxing just wasn't for me - but that is a personal thing.
I would say it depends how much initial investment you want to outlay to provide an extra service. Tanning will cost you more but at the same time will probably make you more profit in the long run.
Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Totally agree waxing isn't for everyone x You're more than welcome to come here and see if you like it. I'm not far up the road from you x

Thank angelxdevil, being a wimpy wax virgin I think I may have to take the plunge! Will have to work up the courage first - I love the idea of waxing someone else but hate the thought of having it done to me!

A local college to me is offering a 4 day waxing course for 350 pounds (inc VAT) is this reasonable for a waxing course?
Has anyone got any recommendations for courses?

couper said:
Thank angelxdevil, being a wimpy wax virgin I think I may have to take the plunge! Will have to work up the courage first - I love the idea of waxing someone else but hate the thought of having it done to me!

A local college to me is offering a 4 day waxing course for 350 pounds (inc VAT) is this reasonable for a waxing course?
Has anyone got any recommendations for courses?

I meant you come and do me x Not me do you x Barnfield college (16 weeks) £100.00

100 :eek:
I was being ripped off big time!!!

The lady who runs the college has rang me twice this week asking for my card details so she can put the payment through. I had a feeling she was being too pushy which put me off so I told her I didnt have the details with me and I would call next week with them, that way I could think about it. The cheeky mare was so rude and said she didnt understand how I didnt have my card details at my house. Its put me right off the college but I thought it was a good deal! I can't believe you can do it for 16 weeks and less than half the price!

contact Barnfield College or even dunstable college or even your college and ask about evening classes. I'm sure they'll all be in the region of £100.00 hope i've helped x

couper said:
I am looking to add to my list of treatments. I am thinking of either waxing or tanning. I am currently mobile and offer OPI natural nail treatments and Bio Sculpture enhancements.
I can only afford one other treatment at the moment so which one is the best to go for?

Which one is more profitable in your expierence?

If I went for tanning I would like to use the Tantrick product, not sure what would be best for waxing. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance x

If you do waxing then i would definetly choose either roll on wax or in a tube like PHD or australian bodycare as being mobile, imo they are much easier to transport than the traditional pot.

When i learnt waxing absolutley hated it (learnt with the pot & spatula method) when i got my 1st job in a salon i refused to do it until they got a new system (PHD) and from that moment i loved it !
I find the tube method is completley effortless i could do it with my eyes closed now & it is more hygenic :)

I was reading an old post about roll on wax the other day. It sounds perfect for mobile but can you do a course in just roll on was or PHD?
Does anyone else find this method easier?

couper said:
I was reading an old post about roll on wax the other day. It sounds perfect for mobile but can you do a course in just roll on was or PHD?
Does anyone else find this method easier?

Im not sure about roll-on wax as i have only ever used clean & easy, the other therapists showed me how to do that, but PHD im 99% sure you have to already be qualified but Ellisons (that sell PHD) do normal waxing courses in coventry.

unfortunately you have to be fully qualified to do the phd system. I have it but to be honest I've hardly ever used it.... still prefer the pot and spatula, and I take it out with me x

Its so hard to know what to do for the best! :irked:
Thank you all for your help x

angelxdevil said:
unfortunately you have to be fully qualified to do the phd system. I have it but to be honest I've hardly ever used it.... still prefer the pot and spatula, and I take it out with me x

I lie, I'm using it tonight lol x

Latest posts

Back