Waxing waxing waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi,
with this tuturial I sure didnt need to spend 700.00 for my course...But I am pleased I did there was so much to learn in such little time.
excellent tutor, I have a question Ive been asking many individuals....I live in a rural area and these womwn have been using neet and nair.....ingrown hairs galore also im finding Im not getting the leg all that smooth but interesting enough when i use the magnify I see no hair or black spots...grr. very frustrating to have the feeling of a rough razor shave. I hope you can share your feelings as to what this is.
Thank you

Hi, im a bikini wax virgin and im 18.. as you can imagine there is a fair bit of hair down there and im wondering whats the best method of getting it trimmed down?

Thanks

Hello,
I'm a newbie to waxing. I was wondering what the technique is to not bruising your client when you are bikini waxing them? Especially on the ligament on the thigh area?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cynthia

The bikini is the most commonly bruised area and is usually done by not stretching enough.
Get your client to lie as flat as you can as this automatically stretches the area.
Stretch the skin whilst you are applying the wax as well as removing it. Make sure you are actually stretching the skin rather than just pushing the skin in iykwim!
Non-strip wax is much better to use on the bikini area too.

Great advice, also don't be afraid to have your client help stretch the skin taught if needed, and use oil on the skin!

That's a great tuturial! I am a newbie to waxing and after completing the course and getting into practice I have faced the following problem: I tend to get the wax stuck between longest hair. Applying additional coat of wax doesn't help... What could be the reason for this?

hi, i used to do bikini, brazilian waxes with hard wax but i recently did a training that used honey wax. in training this was easy and i had no problems but when at home i couldnt remove the hair as easy! could the problem be stretching not enough?

Thanks for that Kate! I love waxing and prob do about 10 Hollywood waxes a day! So Im pretty competant, but always good to pick up hints and tips from other people!

Not sure how you do a Brazilian/Hollywood without gloves thou! I dont have a problem with waxing anywhere, but I wear gloves to protect myself and I think it is less intrusive for the client.

That's a great tuturial! I am a newbie to waxing and after completing the course and getting into practice I have faced the following problem: I tend to get the wax stuck between longest hair. Applying additional coat of wax doesn't help... What could be the reason for this?

Defo trim long hair before you start. If the hair is long it makes it so much harder as the therapist and the client will be in agony!

Hi, im a bikini wax virgin and im 18.. as you can imagine there is a fair bit of hair down there and im wondering whats the best method of getting it trimmed down?

Thanks

I would buy a bikini trimmer, you can get them from Argos or somewhere like that, usually only about £10.

I'm just really perplexed that you don't put oil or powder on the skin before applying wax. You should have something acting as a barrier between wax and skin.

And yes... I do rub cream on my clients privates after waxing them (front and back)... My hands have already been on them while waxing, why not finish the job?

I would NEVER apply the after wax cream on my clients. Yes, I have had my hands on then while waxing them, but it is briefly to hold the skin etc. Rubbing the cream could come across as too personal and Im never gonna put myself at risk... a potential complaint from a client saying, that therapist just touched me up! Very very unlikely, but why would we wanna put ourselves in that situation.

One of my clients asked me to rub it on for her, but I just said I dont do that, that is for her to do and I will continue to do this.

I would NEVER apply the after wax cream on my clients. Yes, I have had my hands on then while waxing them, but it is briefly to hold the skin etc. Rubbing the cream could come across as too personal and Im never gonna put myself at risk... a potential complaint from a client saying, that therapist just touched me up! Very very unlikely, but why would we wanna put ourselves in that situation.

One of my clients asked me to rub it on for her, but I just said I dont do that, that is for her to do and I will continue to do this.

What!!!! If you've just waxed their most intimate parts, i.e their inner labia, what's the difference of applying aftercare lotion? I teach my students to apply it quickly and firmly. xxx

Rubbing the cream could come across as too personal and Im never gonna put myself at risk... a potential complaint from a client saying, that therapist just touched me up! Very very unlikely, but why would we wanna put ourselves in that situation.

quote]

If you are applying oil before waxing or whatever you use then surely they could accuse you at that point too!
I would rather see a job through to the end and to not apply gel/cream or whatever after is not finishing the job.
If you are professional in your approach then i don't see a problem.
Have to say that post made me laugh-who is gonna have an intimate wax and then accuse the therapist of touching them up when they apply cream after-so funny! :lol:

Rubbing the cream could come across as too personal and Im never gonna put myself at risk... a potential complaint from a client saying, that therapist just touched me up! Very very unlikely, but why would we wanna put ourselves in that situation.

quote]

If you are applying oil before waxing or whatever you use then surely they could accuse you at that point too!
I would rather see a job through to the end and to not apply gel/cream or whatever after is not finishing the job.
If you are professional in your approach then i don't see a problem.
Have to say that post made me laugh-who is gonna have an intimate wax and then accuse the therapist of touching them up when they apply cream after-so funny! :lol:

You would be surprised! A client made a complaint about one of my friends doing just that, so having been aware of the situation Im not gonna risk it myself.
Sad, how one person can ruin it for everyone. I guess different experiences through our careers make us all slightly different in our approach.

just wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this tutorial, i have found it very helpful. thanks again,

Hi Katelisa, I am a student in esthetics and I have been waxing my Wazoo my self for about 5 years, Ive done my family and friends. I get to college and my teacher refuses to teach it to the class. So another student asked if I could do hers ( she saw my abilities the first week of college and now Im always waxing). When I asked her to turn around to do her bum fluff my teacher came in and said she had never seen that done in teh 7 years shes been in the field that you dont do that and on on and on. But when I would go to get it done my Esthetician would do it for me. I will have to show her the site and tell her Im not an idiot. So I just wanted to Thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting me at ease.
Meille:)

Hi Katelisa

Thanks so much for a wonderful tutorial, and also thanks to all the others for great tips.

I have been waxing for years and had never heard of using oil under warm wax, only hot wax. Tried this on myself and what a difference :) Have used the oil on a few clients now and they said it felt much better and also that the skin calmed down a lot quicker than normal so thanks again ladies.

Kiki xxx

Love the tutorial! Well done on a sensitive (no pun intended) topic!

I have never used oil with warm wax only hot wax, but i love the idea! What oil would you recommend for me to try with warm wax?

Thanks !!!!!:hug:

I'll admit, I'm not a waxer except when I'm being a DIYer, but giving myself a bikini wax HURTS lots more than when a pro does (bad enough that I can only give myself a "modest") and I do understand this isnt a coincidence, I wasnt trained and dont know how to minimize pain, lol. And I find it interesting that you call em "Hollywoods" n such, cuz here that'd be a brazillian :) Anyway it was an interesting read and you do it seemingly the same way as my wonderful yet SUPER expensive waxer, so kudos!

hi there this was a great read i just do regular bikini waxes but might think about doing a course on hollywoods & brazillians!

i do have a prob with one lady but its to do with her legs, her knees are really dry so when i put wax on them and then try to use the strip either the wax doesn't come off her skin and wont stick to the strip or all the wax that is on the strip from the lower part the leg all comes off the strip and onto her knee! either way the wax is really difficult to remove from this area!
would it help if i used oil on her knees or can u suggest something else not used oil b4 but will try that for bikinis is it ok to use oil on all parts of the body inclueding the face? cheers for any help xx

Latest posts

Back