Waxing when Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess-jamie

Reaction score
Hi All

Im just wondering what everyone uses if you are mobile.

Wax Pot or Roller Wax.

Im thinking of getting the 1000cc Wax Heater as im understood that the wax pots can fir directly in the pot withing melting the wax and pouring it in, im i correct or mistaken.

Thanks
All

Hi Hun,
Waxing is very hard work mobile, I have read some disaster threads on here, when a wax pot has tipped over etc.
Are you offering other treatments too?
I really admire the girls who go mobile, I tried it. WOW not for me, I was shattered by the time I got my gear into the clients house. So didn't last long on the mobile scene.
So if you are strong enough for the job, I would suggest the roller wax system, at least that cannot spill on you, if using a pot system, pack very well into a plastic box, supporting it all of the time, as you will want to take your wax already melted, ready to just re plug in at clients house to top up the heat.
I am sure the mobile waxers will give you tons of great advice.
Best wishes.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

:) Hi yes your right you can do that. I use a pot, and I put it in a plastic storage box with my strips, spats, prep lotion, and oil etc. I always put this box in the foot well of the front passenger seat of my car. This way it cant go anywhere. I have no problem with this and being mobile hun. Hth.xx

I use a wax pot and PHD roller system :)

I use a pot but would I would suggest roller wax for mobile, as it would be so much easier and less messy. A geek on here is going to sell me her roller wax system, I cant wait!
Not sure which wax pot you mean hun. I have one by salon system that heats up the pot and when your done you just take it out and put the lid on. I bought this one as I can also get the pots of paraffin wax for it. So good for my luxury mani's and pedi's too.
xxx

Not wanting to high jack the thread, and this is related, but I'm wondering what you all do about the treatment itself, when I did nails mobile some of the homes I went to didn't have room for a techs table and on the advise of a geek I used to ask clients to set up their ironing board for me anywhere they had room to put 2 chairs. That way it could always be adjusted to the right height for the seating. Then I would come in with a big thick towel to cover it with and work directly from my storage box. This worked out well, saved me time etc and at the end I would just fold up my towel with all the rubbish inside and take to the boot of my car where I had a rubbish bag to shake it all into before going to the next client.
So back to waxing, do you all take a fold up couch or do you use the clients settee with coverings or what??
What about lighting? is that an issue for you? Again I always brought a good light and an extension lead, amazing how many client thought you could work with 'ambient' lighting:eek:

Not wanting to high jack the thread, and this is related, but I'm wondering what you all do about the treatment itself, when I did nails mobile some of the homes I went to didn't have room for a techs table and on the advise of a geek I used to ask clients to set up their ironing board for me anywhere they had room to put 2 chairs. That way it could always be adjusted to the right height for the seating. Then I would come in with a big thick towel to cover it with and work directly from my storage box. This worked out well, saved me time etc and at the end I would just fold up my towel with all the rubbish inside and take to the boot of my car where I had a rubbish bag to shake it all into before going to the next client.
So back to waxing, do you all take a fold up couch or do you use the clients settee with coverings or what??
What about lighting? is that an issue for you? Again I always brought a good light and an extension lead, amazing how many client thought you could work with 'ambient' lighting:eek:

I bring my couch ALWAYS, an extension lead, a table that folds down and a daylight lamp.
1. It's not prfessional to wax your client on a sofa
2. It would be really awkward,especially for bikini wax
3. Its not good for your posture & will result in you having back trouble
4. I wouldnt want to buy another sofa for spilling wax on it :eek:

I know a lot of geeks take their rubbish with them but I take a little rubbish bag and stick it in the clients bin
xxx

I use a pot wax heater and PHD. I always take my couch unless they are just having eyebrows/lip done. Another good tip is to get a wipeable dust sheet, i went to a builders trade shop and got a massiv one for £4.50 ! I just put it down under my couch and fold it out far enough to cover me as im walking round.

xx

I always take my couch with me, the only time I havn't been able to was when they had no room at all, luckily it was a brow shape only, but I still felt it was hard to do without my couch, and less professional.
Have a fold away table which I set everything out on, extension lead and a little clip on light for if there lighting isn't good.
It is alot to take but well worth it to do a good job and look professional.:)

Hi,

I use a Hive 1000cc wax heater for mobile work. I've been mobile now 5 years and love it that way!
I just use a big black bag that I got from my local beauty wholesalers and it fits everything in perfectly!
I always make sure I plug it in as soon as I reach my clients house and by the time we are both ready so is the wax.
I also always make sure if the client or hubby is helping with my things back to the car I always carry the bag as I know to keep it level!!
If you keep it just over half full you should hopefully not have any problems regarding spillage etc, the hive heater has a great lid so if it is tipped up slightly its pretty easy to clean and has never leaked into my bag yet! I take swing bin liners and find that the rubbish fits in my black bag til home time! Need a lighter couch though! That the only problem I have mobile!

Nats xx

Hi

I am mobile and home based and I use the PhD waxing unit, not messy, easy to transport and fab to use. I do not have pot and spat but never need to use it.

Good luck

In answer to the other question I ALWAYS take but portable couch, my PhD unit is transported in a plastic basket (looks abit like a smaller shopping basket with handles).
I use to take an extension lead but never used it so gave up and find the PhD unit has a long enough lead anyway. I also do not take a table of any kind as I do not need to remove my unit from the basket it just stays in the basket the whole time so I can if nessesary use it on the floor but I do take a spare towel so I put by basket on my clients table this can go underneath JUST IN CASE!! I also offer nails and check if a client has a table I can use which they normally do but I have had one that didnt so I used my couch. Lighting has never been an issue but I do have a portable Hive lamp in my boot should I need it. HTH's

i have been a mobile hair and beauty therapist for 10 years now and i have learnt things the hard way
1. mobile couch is important as i now suffer from back pain due to using clients beds after 2 years of doing that i got my self a couch.
2. roller wax or phd wax as there is no chance of them making a mess i had a wax pot go over in a box in my boot but the box went over as well and had to have my boot re carpeted.
3. take a rubbish bag and ask client to put it in the bin i was ending up with a box then a bin full of cotton pads and wax strips.
4. this is for all treatments have everything organised in to separate boxes as much as you can then you wont forget anything as you cant just pop into the store room and get more. i wouldn't work in a salon for all the tea in china i love being mobile freedom, hard work and a lot of carrying but i love it.
one down side is some times you might get to someone's house or flat and they simply don't have anothe room to put up your couch and then you have to ether do it on the floor with towels laid out or on the bed.

Latest posts

Back