Waxing which is the best product to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to ask all you beauty therapists that are home based which wax do u use for your waxing treatments and which is the best one to go for.

I am setting up from home have all my equiptment and most of my products now but i need to replace my waxing product coz ive only been using the one,s from Salon Services ( Nasty ).
Now that I am home based and obviously offering Professional product ranges I need a really nice waxing product thats not nasty.

Love to hear what you all have to say and advise.:)

Ive converted to PHD Waxing, with the training at ellisons, I have found the wax to be smooth and easy to apply.

I have used variety of waxes, hot wax etc..I think you may have to bear in mind things like sensitive skin may need a aloe vera wax...babyliss satin smooth is nice,

it may need a bit of thought as you may have clients who are allergic to nuts or honey....

I feel it comes down to cost, effectiveness I stuck with creme wax with echinecea and comfrey...suitable for all skin types and effective on clients with different hair types.

I guess that would depend on what type you want. Do you just want strip wax or do you also want to offer hot wax? Do you want the convenience and speed that you get from a roller or tube dispenser or are you happy with the pot and spatula? Is there anything that you didn't like about your old system?

There are lots of different options out there as I'm sure you know so you'll need to narrow it down a little.:)

I dont have a home salon but I do rent a room above a hairdressers and only I work there. And I have recently bought the Clean & Easy roller system.

PHD is sush a good system, its easy to use when you get used to it... clean. tidy and it cut my treatment times down by at least 5-10 mins.:green:

Lycon wax has both strip and hard wax as well as a full line of pre and post waxing products to choose from. They are excellent and provide the best results.

I think you should look into learning sugaring as well. It just can´t be beaten if you have client with short, fine hairs!
I have waxed my legs for 10 years now and have very fine, but lots of hairs. They break if I use any ordinary wax, but with sugaring they get hairfree again.
Good luck!

There is nothing more hygenic and speedy than PHD I love it.
Some people say that it is not very cost effective but when you take into account time saved then it is far more cost effective than other methods.
It has been said also that the roller dispensers are hygenic but to me they cant touch PHD as when all said and done they roll allong the skin picking up dead skin cells, rolling them back up into the tube to be used at a later date on another client!!!!
I have used PHD for 3 years and love it.
When I do a 1/2 leg wax it takes me 10 mins so ....
It takes me 10mins to turnover 10 pound and I love that even more!!!
Hygenic speed waxing can't beat it!

Some people say that it is not very cost effective but when you take into account time saved then it is far more cost effective than other methods.
It has been said also that the roller dispensers are hygenic but to me they cant touch PHD as when all said and done they roll allong the skin picking up dead skin cells, rolling them back up into the tube to be used at a later date on another client!!!!

The clean and easy DOES NOT roll anything back into the cartridge.It was developed for this reason and it is one of its main selling points, if you change the heads each client and sterilise them its as hygienic as phd.
Its an american system and their website states that the wax in the cartridge does not get contaminated and tests have proven that.I do not think they would have this on their website and all their advertising if it were not true.
I have read this theory twice now and as its a system i and many of us use i do not want anyone reading this thread being put off from using it or having it done before they have gained the right info.

The clean and easy DOES NOT roll anything back into the cartridge.It was developed for this reason and it is one of its main selling points, if you change the heads each client and sterilise them its as hygienic as phd.
Its an american system and their website states that the wax in the cartridge does not get contaminated and tests have proven that.I do not think they would have this on their website and all their advertising if it were not true.
I have read this theory twice now and as its a system i and many of us use i do not want anyone reading this thread being put off from using it or having it done before they have gained the right info.
Thank goodness you wrote this reply Gillian,saved me a job,the statement made by Blackjack is totally untrue regarding the Clean and Easy system and only her opinion not factual at all.

I have been using Clean and Easy for many years and have absolutely 100% faith in it.There are many waxes to use that suit the system,T tree for sensitive skin etc.:green:

p.s I have been thinking BlackJack about your comment about earning £10.00 in ten minutes to do a half leg wax,personally we shouldn't really be shouting out things like that on this site.The non professional has access to this and tbh I think it looks very unprofessional bragging about easy money,so to speak.Makes us look like rip off merchants.JMHO.xx

Thank goodness you wrote this reply Gillian,saved me a job,the statement made by Blackjack is totally untrue regarding the Clean and Easy system and only her opinion not factual at all.

I have been using Clean and Easy for many years and have absolutely 100% faith in it.There are many waxes to use that suit the system,T tree for sensitive skin etc.:green:
I totally agree with Gillian and Babs over the issue of the wax going back into the roller as it doesnt surely??

I use ABC tube wax and Perron Rigot for bikini and smaller areas...although i still keep my hive roller wax system,which contains sugar cartriges if someone wants sugaring.

I have to say though that Abc and Perron Rigot are good as there is so little discomfort,and a dream to use,hth:)

I have to disagree with your comment saying there is nothing more hygenic and speedy than phd as i believe thats your opinion not fact.

What about the ABC & Eggpot tube system they are both tube waxes and just as hygenic. Also I personally think speed is down to technique not necessarily the system, I know therapists that are quicker than me using the pot than i am with ABC.

There is no-way I could get half a leg wax done in 10mins, thats 2.5 min per each side of leg applying and taking off, i probably spend that amount of time giving them the aftercare ! :lol:

I wouldn't want to do a 1/2 leg in 10 minutes. Clients are paying for my time and I want them to feel like they are getting their money's worth and are not on a conveyor belt being churned in and out.

I use the phd system and perron rigot occasionally.
People seem to either love or hate the phd system. I like the fact that its compact, has everything you need on one unit, has a fast heat up time and is quick to apply once you're use to it. Its got both tree tree and honey tubes and I think they are brining out a creme soon too.
I find the perron rigot hard wax takes a long time to heat up, but but is very good for sensitive small areas.

Ive used phd and roller systems in the past and i must say i got on well with both of them.I found phd took long to master than roller and sometimes the wax got a little sticky in the tubes of the phd system.As a mobile therapist now i used hive roller wax.it been great and ive had no problems with it.

Please could someone tell me where I can get Clean & Easy wax. I keep hearing that this is a good system and would like to give it a go. Are they in this country or do they have a distributor here??

I think that whatever type and brand of wax you use is personal preference. If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

I think that 10 mins for a half leg wax seems very quick. However, I don't see that it's wrong to brag about making £10 in 10 mins. We are running a business after all. As long as the results are good then I don't see the problem. I'm sure that a lot of clients would be pleased that it only took 10 mins as most people are busy and just see waxing as a necessary evil..........it isn't a pampering treatment.

I think that whatever type and brand of wax you use is personal preference. If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

I think that 10 mins for a half leg wax seems very quick. However, I don't see that it's wrong to brag about making £10 in 10 mins. We are running a business after all. As long as the results are good then I don't see the problem. I'm sure that a lot of clients would be pleased that it only took 10 mins as most people are busy and just see waxing as a necessary evil..........it isn't a pampering treatment.

Well hun,I disagree,a lot of my clients do see it as a pampering treatment actually(odd I know)Ive even had clients close their eyes and totally chill whilst having their waxing treatment:eek: If I was to do a half leg in 10 mins(I can if need be)then my clients would be first to think I was making short cuts.

It was me who said it was wrong to brag openly on this site about making £10.00 in 10 mins,and I stand by this,the same as mentioning the cost of products for us and then the price for retail,the non professional reads this and IMO it's not right for us to brag openly about easy money,IMHO it comes across as unprofessional,but hey:rolleyes:each to their own opinion,this is just mine.:hug:

Well hun,I disagree,a lot of my clients do see it as a pampering treatment actually(odd I know)Ive even had clients close their eyes and totally chill whilst having their waxing treatment:eek: If I was to do a half leg in 10 mins(I can if need be)then my clients would be first to think I was making short cuts.

It was me who said it was wrong to brag openly on this site about making £10.00 in 10 mins,and I stand by this,the same as mentioning the cost of products for us and then the price for retail,the non professional reads this and IMO it's not right for us to brag openly about easy money,IMHO it comes across as unprofessional,but hey:rolleyes:each to their own opinion,this is just mine.:hug:
Well this is a professional site as it says at the top of the page so I can't see that the odd civvy here and there popping in is going to blow our cover.

I know what you mean about clients relaxing whilst having their waxing done.........it always amazes me how some clients nod off whilst being waxed. However, the ones that see it as pampering service should book a massage or just get out more.

Well this is a professional site as it says at the top of the page so I can't see that the odd civvy here and there popping in is going to blow our cover.

I know what you mean about clients relaxing whilst having their waxing done.........it always amazes me how some clients nod off whilst being waxed. However, the ones that see it as pampering service should book a massage or just get out more.

Why?

I personally don't find waxing very relaxing, but there is no doubt that some people do. Some people don't find it at all painful. Why shouldn't they view it as a treat? For some, it's the only 'me' time they can get, if they work/have a family etc. Also, not everyone has the finances to be able to have a massage. If it was a choice between waxing and massage, they may well choose the waxing if they couldn't afford both.
I do feel your comment was a little harsh.

Latest posts

Back