Waxing - which make?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Hi,
Please can some one help which would you say is the best make for
waxing?
thanks deb

Perron Rigot for both strip wax and non strip wax (hot). xxx

Hi,
Please can some one help which would you say is the best make for
waxing?
thanks deb

Hi Deb's,

there are many good waxes on the market and all come in at different price points,targeted treatment applications and means to apply.

In order to decide on which wax to go with consider which treatments you are looking to offer and source the best provider.

Hopefully some of the waxing peeps can shed some light here as to which ones they prefer and why they use the brand they have chosen.

Hi collin,
thanks for the info i will check this out.

It's Perron Rigot for me, babes.

Having tried economy brands (as included in my training) I must admit that the entire process of using it in real life is a significant advantage.

It gets to temp in an expected way.
It is hypo allergenic.
It's very reliable, and economical; the strip product goes on incredibly thinly.
It's never stuck to client skin.
It has excellent grip.
There's no 'artificial' aroma - v. important for my male clients

There are only two that I use for guys; Ocean and Euroblond.

hth, Jx

where do I get hold of Perron Rigot? which type is best for the strip wax for the majoriy of clients?

I love the Berins waxes,
they have all the same qualities of perron riggot,
they were even made by the same guy but the Berins came at a later date so has some improvements after his tweaking,
here is where you can view Berins waxes
www.wowproducts.co.uk hth :hug:

where do I get hold of Perron Rigot? which type is best for the strip wax for the majoriy of clients?

You can get it from Beauty Express or call Thalgo 02075120872 - they are really helpful

HTHs xx

I use a combination of Hive Strip-Wax and Perron Rigot Non-Strip. I've tried various makes and 'flavours', and always suggest everyone do the same. It is up to you to find waxes that you are comfortable with using and paying for.

Mat

I've tried just about every wax on the market and can hand on heart say Perron Rigot is the only one that doesn't turn me into a turettes sufferer.

Why not call Thalgo and order some I'd recommend Euroblonde as your non strip wax and Monoi as your strip xxx

Berins came at a later date so has some improvements after his tweaking,
Really? I didn't know that Lou. What improvements are they exactly? xxx

Really? I didn't know that Lou. What improvements are they exactly? xxx

It is quiet common knoledge that the Berins brand has been developed with direct input from Lori Nestore herself drawing on her extensive knowledge of what she believes makes a good product and one "which does what it says on the can".

What one perceives as an improvement may to another not actually be and therefore it follows that improvements are only a valid statement if the user believes through usage that they are.

The choice of which brand we use is a very personal one and one which is made through such belief.

For the sake of the posted question it would be good to hear from therapists as to why/what made them choose the brand they finally use.

It is quiet common knoledge that the Berins brand has been developed with direct input from Lori Nestore herself drawing on her extensive knowledge of what she believes makes a good product and one "which does what it says on the can".

What one perceives as an improvement may to another not actually be and therefore it follows that improvements are only a valid statement if the user believes through usage that they are.

The choice of which brand we use is a very personal one and one which is made through such belief.

For the sake of the posted question it would be good to hear from therapists as to why/what made them choose the brand they finally use.
I was merely asking what the improvements are as I'm genuinely interested in knowing. An improvement is an improvement after all. Don't take it so personally. So what are they?

Deb asked a straight forward question and there's bound to be loads of different replies which is only natural. Your reply didn't recommend Berins I notice. You're the distributor........Be Proud.

I was a die hard Perron Rigot user and loved their Euroblonde wax and continued to use it until I quite by accident came across Berins before it was distributed by WOW Factor. I tried the Berins blue and it literally blew me away.

For me it seemed to take out more of those shorter little crittery hairs first time whereas I found Perron didn't. I have found that for me it is more economical than PR and stays more pliable for longer.

I still think that PR is a good wax though.

Your reply didn't recommend Berins I notice. You're the distributor........Be Proud.

Tst tst tst Kim now you know only to well that it wouldn't be appropriate for me ,under site rules and in my position,to promote and neither is that why I am here.

By virtue of my desire to represent this brand..well erm says enough.

I am indeed proud of this and many many things in my life so no worries there :hug:

It would be good to hear what other brands are popular with therapists and what has been the deciding factor in their choice of which brand they use.

After reading this thread I thought that as a freelance trainer I would give you my opinion. It is mine alone as I do not stick to any one brand. In fact in my salon I have 5 yes 5 wax pots of which are filled with all difference waxes to suits clients individual needs. Ok where do we start how about the beginning.

Perron Rigot

My first introduction to the new generation of waxes. What can I say a very economical wax if used correctly. What surprises me with the euroblonde and the crystal ocean which are my choice of the range are that many of the students I see do not have them turned up enough so when they come to me for training they are amazed at the consistency I have it. Hence they are using to much thus making it not very profitable for them. After a session with me that sorts that out. In fact I do know that the formulation has been tweaked slightly as well which may have made a big difference.

Berins

I was very lucky to trial this wax months before it was available in the uk and yes it is a good wax but not as economical as the Perron Rigot. This may have something to do with the pricing and the students that I have had through my doors have tried and liked it but can not justify the price of the wax. Yes it does grip the finer hairs but since Perron Rigot tweaked there formula I would say that they are very very alike. The ease again is a lovely wax but again very expensive compared to other comparable brands. Yes you do not need to use much if used correctly but come on how many of us will go and do a product awareness course when you are already trained to wax.

Forest Floor – Wax-In-A-Bag

This wax is fantastic and it has the added quirkiness that it is in a bag. You can put this in the freezer then just pop it in the wax pot and no wax at all is wasted. The smells of all the different waxes in the range are to dye for and they give the treatment room a nice ambience, which can make the client feel relaxed and welcome.

This wax is excellent for new starters to waxing, because is cheap to buy, very economical. This wax goes a long way and when a therapist is just starting to wax they tend to use a lot more wax than is needed so therefore it is not so much of a loss because it is cheap enough to buy more and not putting so much profit down the drain. However for the experienced waxer this wax goes a long way so there is much more profit to be made when using this waxing system.

They also have hot or hard waxes, which are excellent for facial, underarm and intimate waxing.

Clean N Easy

This type of wax is in a roller system, it is very easy to use and enables you perform speed waxing as it is very quick to apply and remove. This type of system you either love or hate, however it is excellent for large areas like legs, back and chest but they do have different sized cartridges so that the roller heads can accommodate all of the different parts of the body. These come in a number of different flavours and smell divine. This waxing system is also good for those that find pot and spatula messy as there is no wax dripping anywhere you just roll it onto the skin.

Clean n Easy also have hot wax in their range, which is in pot and spatula form, which is excellent for intimate waxing, but also underarm and facial waxing.

GiGi

GiGi wax is the world’s number one selling wax and once you have used it you will understand why. This wax has a vast amount of products in the range and they are constantly changing, improving and adding to the list. Their strip wax has many different flavours in the range, which will cover just about any skin type that you will encounter. But the one that they are probably most famous for is the GiGi Hard Brazilian wax, this is excellent for intimate waxing and the price isn’t too bad either. The best thing about this hard wax is that if you are going to perform intimate waxing only male clients this wax is really good, as it does not dry the skin out in their intimate area like other waxes do.

Harley Wax

This wax is one of the new generation waxes, this is more expensive than most, but you can tell the difference. To use this wax to its full potential you need to have tried a few different waxing systems first to appreciate the difference with this wax. You can use this wax with a wooden spatula, but you can also use it with a metal spatula, which will increase the speed of your application hence making your treatments quicker. This is excellent for intimate waxing when using the hard waxes and will extract not only the root but also the dermal papilla hence killing off the hair quicker and retarding the regrowth of the hair for longer. Clients tend to love this wax especially when they have intimate waxing treatments as they feel that it is less painful.

Caron Wax

This wax is Australia’s number one selling wax; once you have tried it you will see why. This wax is phenomenal in that it uses the latest technology to ensure therapists have paramount confidence in their wax whether salon based or mobile. They have a range of hard and strip waxes that cater for specific types of salons and spas and for specific conditions that occur from waxing especially intimate waxing. They also have all the accessories to go with the wax and special heaters also. This wax is the most expensive waxing system but by far the most superior. They have luxurious wax, which is mainly used, in spas, they have a smooth and remove range, wax that provides a little sparkle to the skin, which is great for the summer, or evenings out. They also have an olive oil wax, which is excellent for use on clients that are of mixed race as it nourishes the skin without drying it out and stops breakages. And if you perform intimate waxing they even have a wax specifically for those clients with lots of ingrown hairs, this wax minimises the formation of ingrown hairs, which is excellent news.

They also have the only wax in the world that is microwavable. The triple x range is great for those who don’t run a busy salon as you are not wasting electric all day keeping the wax warm, and is excellent for the mobile therapists as it saves time on treatments so therefore they can fit in an extra few clients a day because they don’t have to waste time waiting for the wax to heat up.

In my opinion and one that is very impartial as im not employed by anyone and am totally independant is that where you can go along to a taster session and try these waxes. Most of the companies above do these with a minimal entrance charge and when you order on the day the cost is deducted from the order. Bonus in my opinion and you can have a play and ask questions before you buy. How many times are you told this is the best wax and its better than that one and why then you buy it try it and dont use it again.

Hope this has helped

Thanks Tracey.I thought that was a good all rounded unbiased opinion.

Great post Tracey thanks! I think your closing words there sum up the problem with wax and waxing. To try them you have to buy a pot of each (if you can - minimum orders and delivery charges) etc and then you may need multiple inner buckets for heaters etc.

Hopefully more and more companies will be at shows like Professional Beauty and Beauty UK with wax warm and ready for us therapists to try out for ourselves rather then taking their word for it.

Mat

yes i agree, thanks all for the infomation you have given me.

Hi guys, i have to say just recenetly i have been playin around with different brands, simply to see what suits me and my clients best.

I love perron rigot, ocean blue and euro blonde is brill, I also love the berins range, especielly the jet set, have not as yet tried their strip wax. Hive i do not like at all, found it very thick messy and sticky.
I have recently used the phd juniour pod and love it, for speed, hygiene the works, although i wi say is sticky to the touch and i not like this.

Personnely i think u need to try as many brands as u can and find what suits, Tracy i was very interested to hear about the wax in a bag, i actually saw this at the last show and bought there strips and spatula. They were an apsolute bargain, do not get me wron the difference between perron rigot strips and spats was huge as perron rigot quality is second to none, but having to dip and the bin the forest company wins hands down on the proffit margain.
I think may order their wax to have a try cos u never know it might be just what the docter ordered. But i will always have a cupboard full of perron rigot and berins cos they my number 1, unless i find one better that is xxxx

ps would love to hear more comments on gigi

Latest posts

Back