Waxing - which make?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly you need to establish which system you will be using ?

Pot, Roller or Tube ?

My preference is the tube system and out of PHD & ABC I prefer the ABC system, I find creme wax easier to apply and I also love the smell of tea tree!

I haven't used the pot for years so couldn't comment or give an opinion on the different brands and I have never wanted to go back to the pot method either.

At the end of the day Deb, you will never get a true, unbiased opinion so you really do need to try the ones that you are drawn to.

All of the opinions here are based on several factors: There are those of us who are connected to the brand (I'm an ambassador for Perron Rigot), there are people who get a discount if they promote a brand, there are those who's friends are the stockists/distributors for several of the brands.......and of course there are people who use the brand simply because they like it. So in fairness, we all love out brands for different and genuine reasons and we'll always think that 'our' brand is the best.

If I were you, I would buy a wax from the wholesalers which is at the lower end of the price scale and one at the higher end. You will see the difference and then you can think about how much waxing you'll be doing and how much you want to pay. A lot of companies do trial sizes. xxx

Hello Deb

For me personally the best wax to use is Australian Bodycare. It is tea tree based. I have never seen anybody react to it, it is good for preventing ingrown hair, very soothing and easy to use.

Australian Bodycare Trade Website

Hope this is of any help.:)

Regards

essie

Firstly you need to establish which system you will be using ?

Pot, Roller or Tube ?

My preference is the tube system and out of PHD & ABC I prefer the ABC system, I find creme wax easier to apply and I also love the smell of tea tree!

I haven't used the pot for years so couldn't comment or give an opinion on the different brands and I have never wanted to go back to the pot method either.

i am thinking of the roller as it looks easier and quicker i have not seen the tube? and it looks cleaner as well but that is my opinon.

At the end of the day Deb, you will never get a true, unbiased opinion so you really do need to try the ones that you are drawn to.

All of the opinions here are based on several factors: There are those of us who are connected to the brand (I'm an ambassador for Perron Rigot), there are people who get a discount if they promote a brand, there are those who's friends are the stockists/distributors for several of the brands.......and of course there are people who use the brand simply because they like it. So in fairness, we all love out brands for different and genuine reasons and we'll always think that 'our' brand is the best.

If I were you, I would buy a wax from the wholesalers which is at the lower end of the price scale and one at the higher end. You will see the difference and then you can think about how much waxing you'll be doing and how much you want to pay. A lot of companies do trial sizes. xxx

Thanks for that, that is very true i suppose you dont see it like that untill someone says it to lol xx

Hello Deb

For me personally the best wax to use is Australian Bodycare. It is tea tree based. I have never seen anybody react to it, it is good for preventing ingrown hair, very soothing and easy to use.

Australian Bodycare Trade Website

Hope this is of any help.:)

Regards

essie

thanks i will take a look.

I am a bit of a fan of ABC wax....like Juliette i shyed away from the pot and spatula since i qualified at college....however i have tried Perron Rigot,and for bikini waxing and facial and underarm it is absolutely lovely....having looked at Berins though it is tough to distinguish between the two though....oh isnt life tough...LOL:lol:

Totally agree with kims statement above.

In regard to roller wax have you used it allot hun. I hate the roller system but as said earlier in thread love the phd. I am looking into getting empty tubes so i can put my perron rigot strip wax in.

In regards to pot and spat i would never be with out it, i need it for my hot wax and like to use pot and spat for eyebrows to rather than the phd and you get a more perfect shape.

I highly recommend that you ring perron rigot, berins and go to your whole sales and have a play. :hug:

ps i do not work for any company only myself so have nothing to gain through my opinion. Their is very little between berins and perron rigot, but the bag sizes are better with perron rigot, i do like berins jet set especielly when the weather is hot, but i have found apologise kim, if you mix euro blonde with a bit of the cremem hot wax (sorry forgot its name) you get an amazin product

I have been Hive loyal for years using there honey wax as I never had any problems with it I never really got used to other waxes. Clients never said it hurt etc so just kept buying it.

I have tried clean and wasy and hated it, I personally cannot get on with it, I have tried Australian Body care system and hated that too, the reason is the tubes are upside down so its hard to get the wax to the end and it difficult to use.

I have tried PHD which is ok,wouldnt rave too much about it. Its easy enough once you grasp the hang of it and its easy if your mobile.

I have had oritree wax used on me and that was lovely and pain free, but never invested because I ws hive loyal. The price difference was also twice the price.

But must admit last night I waxed everything with Berins (the white one, warm wax) and it was really nice and easy to use. My hollywood didnt hurt at all even though I had left it a year (I was pregnant) so I was dreading it.

I have berins blue too, but cant get the hang of it mainly because I am not used to hot wax and my boyfriends a big wuss and wont let me loose on him! I did one strip of the berins blue and he thought it hurt more than the warm wax (weird guy lol!).

Havent tried perron rigot but have heard great things and also Rica waxes are supposed to be good too.

Its trial and error with most things. At least wax is cheap enough to make mistakes unlike a skincare range!

I know a lot of salons and even myself that just have several systems and use a variety for different areas/clients etc.

Whilst one wax really can suit all, you find if your client has overy dry skin or if there skin is cold etc can effect the procedure and so different types of wax can help with this.

I have been there where I can't get the wax off because its set hard on a clients cold and dry knee!!!

I now have Berins, PHD & Hive. And swop and change as I feel the need, although at the minute I am not doing so much as I have been sidelined into other areas.

Try the wax on yourself first see what it feels like.

Kate

Hi,
Please can some one help which would you say is the best make for
waxing?
thanks deb

Deb you know every single person on here will have there favourite wax. Me included.

There are people on here that favour a particular brand and train for the company so they will fully endorse what they are doing and then there are those of us that like you are looking for the ideal wax.

Unfortunately there is not one answer as we all are individulas and as such all have different likes and dislikes. What one may like another will not. Some like strip and some like non strip and some call it hot and warm wax if you know what i mean.

This site is excellent for research so click on the search button and read through past and present threads. This site is a tiny proportion of the industry so check out professional beauty and see who will be exhibiting and go along and check them out. The main contenders will be there and they will also probably offer show discounts which is great if you are looking for the ideal wax. Go along and and have a play with the different brands, see how the apply and work for you.

I know there are lots of experts on this site and we are very fortunate to have such expertise.. but there are a lot of 'experts' out 'there' in the wonderfull beauty industry... do plenty of research

good luck and let us know how you get on

No one can say whats best for you.You have to find out for yourself.
Ive been waxing everyday for about 25 years and have tried all sorts.I love my clean and easy for legs but others say they hate it so there you go.
I think i do a great bikini and underarm with creme strip wax as do some others but you will hear that some think using strip in these areas is barbaric.
I love old fashioned hot wax you can stir it right into the little hairs and it doesnt matter about which way hairs growing so when you have someone with swirly underarms ,that gets them.
I also like berins and perron rigot which i have just about got used to when i stopped putting them on too thick.
I really dont like a perron rigot one its green not sure which one but i couldnt get on with it at all and i still really like salon systems creme lavender sensitive wax.
When i use that on underarms or bikinis people say it feels no different than if i use non strip wax so there you go find out for yourself.
Whats good for others isnt necessarily whats good for you and of course apart from anything else the price must also play a part.Dont feel inferior just because you choose to use a cheaper wax the main thing is your technique.

thanks for everyones opinion
x

I was merely asking what the improvements are as I'm genuinely interested in knowing. An improvement is an improvement after all. Don't take it so personally. So what are they?

I'll answer this as I am not the UK Distributor and I do not own the brand and hopefully it will stay on this board. In the states we had the Cirepil Blue which is a different formula than the euroblond but in the same family. I LOVED the Cirepil Blue and taught with it for 23 years, I still love it and think it is a great product. What happened with the Berins Blue is it has been made to have slightly more flexibility so it can be used thinner thus making it more cost effective, but also with a slightly higher ability to remove the finer hairs due to a formulation tweak with the exact ingredients. And it is available in bulk again for cost effectiveness.

They are both amazing brands and absolutely at the top of the food chain of depilation products.

I was merely asking what the improvements are as I'm genuinely interested in knowing. An improvement is an improvement after all. Don't take it so personally. So what are they?

I'll answer this as I am not the UK Distributor and I do not own the brand and hopefully it will stay on this board. In the states we had the Cirepil Blue which is a different formula than the euroblond but in the same family. I LOVED the Cirepil Blue and taught with it for 23 years, I still love it and think it is a great product. What happened with the Berins Blue is it has been made to have slightly more flexibility so it can be used thinner thus making it more cost effective, but also with a slightly higher ability to remove the finer hairs due to a formulation tweak with the exact ingredients. And it is available in bulk again for cost effectiveness.

They are both amazing brands and absolutely at the top of the food chain of depilation products.
Cheers Lori, that explains it for me. Is the Berins Blue similar to Cirepil Homme or a different was altogether? The Blue is non strip?
xxx

Kim, I have no idea about the Cirepil Homme, haven't seen or played with it yet. When I was working with PR they would come out with new products and I would try them and kept going back to Ease and Blue. Which is why I really focused on those two formulations. Both Blues are non-strip.

For those that think PR and Berins Ease is expensive, it is good to really look at how much waxing you can get out of a can, not how much that can cost. I waxed all day at the show out of one 450 gram tin which is a really different method of judging as we do a lot more waxing in that situation then we can in a salon. (don't have to say hi, bye, pay me and rebook) So both of these may be more expensive per can, but absolutely not more expensive per service. Yes when one is learning any product you will absolutely waste wax and strips and time. But master it and they are all inexpensive per service.

At the end of a quarter or at the end of the year, your cost of goods for services should be lower than 10%, and the most expensive of wax will fall into this equation when used properly, even at medium prices.

At the end of a quarter or at the end of the year, your cost of goods for services should be lower than 10%, and the most expensive of wax will fall into this equation when used properly, even at medium prices.

I have just carried out this exercise, only two days ago and the cost of goods against my Berins wax services came out at 5% - not bad eh?

Kim, I have no idea about the Cirepil Homme, haven't seen or played with it yet. When I was working with PR they would come out with new products and I would try them and kept going back to Ease and Blue. Which is why I really focused on those two formulations. Both Blues are non-strip.

It's odd how they have different waxes in different countries too. I always stick to my faves. xx

Where do you buy your Caron wax from, Tracey and could you recommend which non strip and strip one exactly do you use?

Hi criss cross, sorry but tracey no longer posts on salon geek and hasn't for some considerable time

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all,

Anyone know how to source the forest floor wax in a bag? x

Latest posts

Back