Waxing with numbing cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hertsgirl

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if using a numbing cream before waxing makes a difference to the wax on the skin. I have a lady coming who says she uses Emla before her waxing with her usual waxer. I have never waxed a client who has used this. I use PR wax and I'm concerned the wax won't grip as usual. Do I still use pre wax cleaner and oil??

Jane

Jane X

PR sell a pre waxing cooling gel to reduce the skins reactivity & I use it, it makes no difference to the waxing procedure or the performance of the wax just helps the skin to not be so sensitive so apparently feels less painful.

As long as you cleanse the skin properly you will have no problems. Emla is something they apply at home so that by the time they arrive at the spa it's numbed the skin. Just treat it like face/body cream, follow all your normal procedures for waxing. That's all :)

Thankyou. The lady says she puts it on about an hour before she has her wax. Do I still cleanse and apply jasmine oil as usual?

Thank you. The lady says she puts it on about an hour before she has her wax. Do I still cleanse and apply jasmine oil as usual?
Yes you cleanse and apply jasmine oil as usual. The numbing cream won't change anything in your routine, just wax as if you didn't know she had used the numbing cream.

Latest posts

Back