Waxing without a bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodieN

Reaction score
Hi I am just staring out and looking to offer waxing and beauty mobile without a bed for now, is this something that is possible? I was thinking of buying plastic covers to protect surfaces! Should I just offer facial waxing for now?
facial

If somebody turned up at my house without a couch is turn them away looks very unprofessional and I would question if they were qualified.

Hi I am just staring out and looking to offer waxing and beauty mobile without a bed for now, is this something that is possible? I was thinking of buying plastic covers to protect surfaces! Should I just offer facial waxing for now?
facial

Facial waxing should be ok because I've seen it done at eyebrow waxing bars. I personally find it a bit awkward to have clients sitting up straight in a chair for eyebrows. I think if you were to offer things like underarm, legs and bikini wax without couch it would look really unprofessional and not good for your back either! HTH! :wink2:

Thanks I'm not sure anyone would question if you were qualified I've had eyebrows done on a chair and didn't think this obviously it wouldn't be possible for other areas, can anyone recommend a good bed?

I meant for large areas when I was mobile I'd use a chair for eyebrows

You will lose so much potential business.. Im sure clients often book for one or two areas and when you are there they may decide to add on other waxing , if you have not got the couch you are not able to offer it..
There are lots of couches that are not too expensive or perhaps a second hand one to begin with..

I have bought couches from this company -
http://www.bestmassage.co.uk/uk/couches/portable-couches.html

Jack

Last edited:
if you're worried about the cost of a bed why not look on ebay? do distance nearest and try searching beauty bed, beauty couch, beauty table, massage couch, massage bed, massage table, therapy bed, therapy table, therapy couch. i got my first ever couch from my trade it, this is our local selling paper but its online too, kind of like gumtree, it cost £40 from someone who had bought it for their girlfriend to do massage but had decided to work in a salon instead, i had it a good 6 years and i decided to get a new one and sold it on for £30 :wink2:

Hi I think for your clients comfort it's needed but mostly so you can carry out the treatments properly and professionally,

Also If your client lays on the floor for say a full leg wax imagine how much your back will hurt afterwards! Definitely get a couch even If it's a cheaper one have a look around there not as pricey these days hth x

Hi I am mobile and have been for years. I do have a couch but most of my waxing clients are happy with me doing their legs on their bed. I do have a reclining chair too which I do all my facial work on, It's great for underarms too. I bought my couch for £50 second so you can get them at a good price.x

Yes you need a bed, to be honest they ain't all that expensive.

A girl I know does tanning without a tent in people's bathrooms... I mean for the sake of 70 odd quid I just don't see why she doesnt buy a tent. I think this is really unproffesional & I wouldn't be happy having a tan with nothing protecting me, same as for a bed, its a small outlay really & makes you look the part x

If I was to pay for someone to come and do my waxing I'd expect them to bring a couch I'm afraid... it would be terribly unprofessional to just whack a covering on their furniture and say "hop up" :S
You can pick up second hand ones, it doesn't need to be a top of the line one etc but you WILL need one...
If you turned up without one I'd actually turn you away... sorry but I wouldn't want to risk getting wax on my sofas... and I wouldn't lie on my hard floor for however long it took!

I would invest in a couch if I were you Hun for the reasons other people have mentioned. I got a brand new one for £50, it's fab! The only downside is that it doesn't sit up, but that hasn't caused me any problems yet. I can see if I can find the link for the website if you like? It was great service ?

X

Thanks for all your replies I'll be definitely investing in one I'm just trying to decide at the moment what's a priority and what isn't as I'm doing beauty and nails some am
Buying all the equipment and products I'm putting a bed on the priority list haha

A bed was the very first thing I bought! Everything else followed afterwards.

a couch can be used for alsorts too! i have a nail table too but if i've got my couch up in someones house already or i'm doing a pamper event i use my couch for manicures and pedicures :D

a couch can be used for alsorts too! i have a nail table too but if i've got my couch up in someones house already or i'm doing a pamper event i use my couch for manicures and pedicures :D

That's a good idea it's a learning curve isn't it I've bought bits and pieces as I've gone along and just didn't think about this unill today when we moved onto waxing

A waxing kit and mobile couch were the first things I bought when I was a student. I still have my couch, 16 years later! It's paid for itself over and over again. Now my treatment room has a three-part electric couch - but my original is as good as ever, still got its cover and not at all wobbly!

Invest in one asap!

A therapist arriving without a couch is a bit like the window cleaner arriving without his ladders .. he might find something he could use in your garden to get to the bedroom windows but you probably wouldn't be very impressed.

Hope this doesn't sound rude - it just made me chuckle to myself :cool:

Jacqui xx

You could possibly get away with it for facial waxing but defo not any other area's and if this was the case definately ask clients first if they are ok with this. I bought my couch off of Gumtree for 40 quid and it was practically brand new the girl I bought it off had only used it a few times. x

A therapist arriving without a couch is a bit like the window cleaner arriving without his ladders .. he might find something he could use in your garden to get to the bedroom windows but you probably wouldn't be very impressed.

Hope this doesn't sound rude - it just made me chuckle to myself :cool:

Jacqui xx

or a taxi driver without a cab... 'get on my back love i'll give you a piggy back' :lol:

Latest posts

Back