Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleymclapo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im going officially mobile in June :D
Im thinking of which course to do next....And im thinking waxing x
HOWEVER...ive been looking through the 'waxing' threads, and now im confused! Lol xxx I have no idea about the difference between warm wax, hot wax, cream wax...etc!
Ive looked into prices, and can get a little portable starter kit, for a reasonable price to get me started, from the 'just wax' range. (Salon system) But again, there are soooooooooooooooo many waxes to choose from!!!!
Is waxing good for mobile business???

So ANY waxing hints and tips will be greatly appreciated! :D

Thank you xxx Shelley xxx

I have that heater it's fab! Great for swapping wax as you can take the tub out and put the lid on. Also put paraffin wax in there!
With warm wax, it requires a wax strip and hot wax doesn't. Try to get a course that does both.
It's a popular treatment for sure! I use cream wax, it's thicker and I find it less sticky. You will have your own favourite though. Just have a play around.

I have that heater it's fab! Great for swapping wax as you can take the tub out and put the lid on. Also put paraffin wax in there!
With warm wax, it requires a wax strip and hot wax doesn't. Try to get a course that does both.
It's a popular treatment for sure! I use cream wax, it's thicker and I find it less sticky. You will have your own favourite though. Just have a play around.

Glad to hear someone has it and likes it! :D You have just taught me something straight away! LOL X So with that machine, i could do strip and non-strip! Yay!!
With the cream wax, is it 'warm' or 'hot'?
Thank you so much for your advice xxx

Generally creme wax is warm wax, also known as soft or strip wax.

If you are also learning hot (aka hard or non strip) wax then it might be a good idea to have two heaters so you can heat both waxes at the same time. Especially as hot wax takes a while to melt.

Generally creme wax is warm wax, also known as soft or strip wax.

If you are also learning hot (aka hard or non strip) wax then it might be a good idea to have two heaters so you can heat both waxes at the same time. Especially as hot wax takes a while to melt.

So...excuse my 'Duuuuhness' but if i learn warm and hot...do you use different types for different parts of the body????
This machine...you put your tub of wax in....it warms it then you can take it out and put a different one in xxx

Glad to hear someone has it and likes it! :D You have just taught me something straight away! LOL X So with that machine, i could do strip and non-strip! Yay!!
With the cream wax, is it 'warm' or 'hot'?
Thank you so much for your advice xxx

This heater is ideal for warm wax. For hot wax I have a seperate heater which is made by Cyclax it's a diddy one)
Hot wax is just hot wax - really good for bikini area and anywhere sensitive. You wouldnt really be waxing legs with this type of wax.
Warm wax can come as Honey Wax, cream wax, gel wax. So basically if you look at the salon system tubs to put in this pot, they are all warm wax. This type of wax is Mainly used for larger areas such as arms,legs, backs, chests.
It's sounds confusing until you see the difference and then you will be like 'OH!'

xxx

There is a trainer quite near you who is also a geek - Joe90 (Real name Julie.)

She would be able to show you and explain the differences between warm and hot wax.

Her courses are also accredited by insurers, so if you are looking for a trainer, she may be just what you are looking for :hug:

This heater is ideal for warm wax. For hot wax I have a seperate heater which is made by Cyclax it's a diddy one)
Hot wax is just hot wax - really good for bikini area and anywhere sensitive. You wouldnt really be waxing legs with this type of wax.
Warm wax can come as Honey Wax, cream wax, gel wax. So basically if you look at the salon system tubs to put in this pot, they are all warm wax. This type of wax is Mainly used for larger areas such as arms,legs, backs, chests.
It's sounds confusing until you see the difference and then you will be like 'OH!'

xxx

Lol xxx yeah probs.....:D

There is a trainer quite near you who is also a geek - Joe90 (Real name Julie.)

She would be able to show you and explain the differences between warm and hot wax.

Her courses are also accredited by insurers, so if you are looking for a trainer, she may be just what you are looking for :hug:

Thanks xxx

hi there
i also have that wax pot! its fab!
I was trained with both hot and warm wax in college but to be honest with you I only offer warm wax now and I personally find it works fine for all areas and I havent had any call for hot wax in the years that I have been doing it.
But waxing is a great treatment to offer as there are a lot of people wanting it.

hi there
i also have that wax pot! its fab!
I was trained with both hot and warm wax in college but to be honest with you I only offer warm wax now and I personally find it works fine for all areas and I havent had any call for hot wax in the years that I have been doing it.
But waxing is a great treatment to offer as there are a lot of people wanting it.

Thanks Julia x ALan Howard has got a VAT free day on monday, so i have my waxing kit reserved xxx Cant wait to get started!:D

Im thinking of which course to do next....And im thinking waxing x
HOWEVER...ive been looking through the 'waxing' threads, and now im confused! Lol xxx I have no idea about the difference between warm wax, hot wax, cream wax...etc!

A good waxing course will teach you all this.
And, in turn, you'll find out what you like and don't like and what you prefer to use.
Don't jump the gun - you'll scare yourself.

But yes, if your technique is good, waxing is EXCELLENT for a mobile business.

An easy way of explaining it is that HOT wax is used on sensitive parts of the body and STRIP wax is used on the rest of the body. xx

Latest posts

Back