Waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they use gloves while waxing? and if so which ones are the best?

thanks guys
:hug:

I always use gloves when waxing ... the clients like it, more hygenic for them. But the best reason is if (usually when) you get some wax on your fingers you can just rip it off and put on another one. Much easier then trying to clean it off your hands when with a client.

As for which one you have several options, latex aren't really suited to waxing as they offer too much grip on the skin.

This then leaves you with Vinyl or Nitrile, my preference always used to be for Nitrile gloves over Vinyl, I think they feel much nicer.

But now I use a new type of glove ... Vitrile, it is a combination of Vinyl and Nitrile and so you get the best of both worlds! The only down side is that they are only available in green, but at £3.14 a box I'm not complaining!

When buying gloves I now only use Bodyguards myself as I feel these are the best value for money and quality product.

Mat

I found it took a bit of getting used to with wearing gloves for waxing, as I didnt previously. But after a few waxes with them on its ok!
Esp for bikini, brazillian waxes etc you need to wear them!
I always found that with a bikini or leg wax I would end up with a wee bit wax on my finger and then you have to get out the cleaner to wipe your hand and it doesnt look all that great in front of the client!

I think gloves are a necessity personally for hygiene reasons (I DID used to work in a hospital though so am a bit paranoid!). And I use nitrile ones

I use vinyl ones, think I will look for the ones Matt uses though as I have tried nitrile as well and they were ok. I really like the 'barrier' aspect of wearing gloves, safe for the client and safe for me, I think it shows professionalism as well.

Thanks everyone for your replys, and mat i will be getting some of those gloves you are using tomorrow thanks.
:hug:

Do you use gloves for facial waxing? Or just the intimate stuff?
We use eyebrow waxing as a 'hook' at £3.50 and we do dozens of them - using gloves would seriously mess up profit margins, so I'm wondering what everyone else does ...

I wear gloves for all my waxing! Are you actually making any money at £3.50 for a brow wax? You say you use it as a loss leader ... just what percentage come in for brows and then have additional services? If your conversion rate isn't that high is it really worth doing it?

Mat

I prefer using gloves, it takes a bit of getting used to , but as mentioned it is easier to change gloves than it is to try and get wax off your fingers, and is good for hygiene reasons, especially if you have a first time waxer who could be liable for blood spotting.

Kim, I never knew you could wax nostrils! Lol, I think it sounds like fun!! How on earth do you do it though?!

xxXxx

gloves here too i think its equally important for both cleint and therapist. :) i use vinyl

Nitrile for me! I get mine from the local motor factors. Cheap as chips mate!

I usually only use them for intimate and combination waxing. Torso is easier without, and I always do an NHS handwash before and after any waxing.

A drop of oil worked all over your gloves will stop the wax from sticking!

does anyone know a good after wax remover as i always get some wax on my hands when not using gloves and the wax remover product i use does not get any wax off at all n especially not gud if theres any left on the client!
Im also interested in this nostril waxing too lol xx

I wear gloves for all my waxing! Are you actually making any money at £3.50 for a brow wax? You say you use it as a loss leader ... just what percentage come in for brows and then have additional services? If your conversion rate isn't that high is it really worth doing it?

Mat

We do make money on it and it's not a loss leader.
We are primarily a hair salon that does some beauty. Our EBW clients come in so regularly because we are so reasonable that they only take minutes to do. They also come in their droves - I'd rather do loads at that price than few at a lot more. It also gets them into the salon and they see what other stuff we do - hey presto! new clients :) Works for us.

i use nitrile and i use them so all waxing except eybrow waxing. I cant stand the wax on my fingers or hands. Its also better for the client , hygenic and more professional.

It takes a while to get used to them but now i cant wax without them.

always use nitrile gloves. took a while to get used to but feels bare without now.

Latest posts

Back